TWENTY-TWO

a/n: it's been a little while, hasn't it? DX

JAXON

"Why didn't you pick up the phone?!" Tyler argued as I walked into his house.

"You sound like a woman with a bad intuition about her husband being out late." I chuckled and he rolled his eyes, continue to smoke his weed. The TV was playing the news about the weather but, I guess he had it on for another reason. I sat down on the couch across from him.

"So what was so important that you couldn't answer your phone?" Tyler eventually asked.

I couldn't help but, smile. The whole night replayed in my head. As if he already knew, he gave me a cheeky grin. "You and Kimora are getting pretty close, huh?"

"I guess you could say that." I shrugged. We were getting pretty close. It was like yesterday we had made the bet. I know she hates me... I think. I mean, if she did, she wouldn't have willingly gone on a date with me. She even had a great time.

Tyler started laughed, shaking his head and I narrowed my eyes at him. "What's so funny?"

"You're fucking whipped, man!"

I scoffed. "I'm not whipped." Even though I protested, he continued laughing, not believing me and I didn't believe myself. I did like Kimora a lot. She's so perfect and I did want her to be mine. However, I wasn't going to admit it... not yet at least.

"Kitcap has officially sailed." He said, waving his hand like it was a wave.

"I think you smoked too much."

He scrunched his face, giving me the 'no-way-are-you-stupid' look. I shook my head, carrying on with our conversation. "Kimora is so perfect but, she also has this mysterious part of her. It's killing me to find out what it is, you know?"

He choked.

"K-Kimora isn't mysterious, man. She's just... uh... reserved sometimes."

"You're hiding something." I leaned closer and he looked around at the room at everything else. "Tyler..."

Tyler sighed in defeat. "Audrey told me something but, never explained it. It was the night after she ran out after you and Bhumi pranked her."

"What was it?"

"Kimora has a rough history and she's sensitive to certain things."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"Don't know. She was looking out for Kimora though. Guess maybe it was that one new guy, Sean."

I nodded, looking off at nothing in particular. I never would've thought Kimora would have a troubling past. She seems so put together in her own little way. Sometimes, she does get a little mischievous when it comes to making other girls jealous. What exactly could Sean have to do with Kimora? Did he hurt her? I shook the thought to the back of mind before I got angry.

Whatever it is, I'm sure she'll let me know if we continue on our relationship from here.

Tyler's voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "It's time to go."

I frowned, standing up from the couch as he did the same. "Where are we going?"

"Boss called us again but, this time with a job to do." I rolled my eyes. Of course, he did and I'm forced to be apart of it. Tyler sighed, putting his hand on my shoulder. "You don't have to do anything."