Chapter 7-Start the Hunt

Everyone stopped and looked at the door.

A green crocodile was standing there.

"Hey Vector!" Sonic said.

"Hey Sonic! Looks like they found you." Vector said.

He walked over to the group.

"Wow, what happened to you?" Vector said staring at all of Sonic's injuries.

"What do you need Vector?" Sonic asked trying to escalate to another subject.

"Oh, actually... your gang called me over because they said you were missing. And because they know I'm the greatest detective, they asked me to try to find you. Well I guess I found you. Where's the sweet cash?"

"Not a chance." Sticks said.

"Hey, I found him didn't I? You didn't say I had to find him before you guys." Vector said with a smirk.

"You know what? I'm glad you're here. I'll give you sweet cash." Sonic said getting up.

He grabbed Vector's arm and led him outside. When they got out Sonic faced Vector.

"I need you to find 2 people. 2 missions okay? I'll pay you triple. The money for your failed attempt at finding me, and individual pay for each of their two other people. And you have to find them before me. Deal?" Sonic asked.

"Oh yeah! That's what I like to hear!" Vector said.

"Okay. There's this guy. His name is Kilo. He wears a black hood and has weird powers. He was last seen in public at Meh burger. Amy might know more than me. He knocked me out before he took me to his base. He tortured me and someone else there. He need to go to jail and I need to know who he is. Do you think you can do this?" Sonic asked.

"There's no mystery I can't solve." Vector said giving a thumbs up.

"Great. That's good. This is good." Sonic said patting him on the arm.

"What about the other guy I need to find." Vector asked.

Sonic thought for a moment, almost looking expressionless. "Uh... hey, when you find Kilo's base... tell me so I can go there. Until you find Kilo, I'll try to find this other guy." Sonic said.

"So who's the other guy he tortured? Maybe that guy knows more info." 

Sonic took a deep breath. 

"Uh... I don't know. He didn't say his name. So no need to go looking for him. Uh... he..." 

Sonic started to get nervous. 

"Sonic, take deep breaths and think. What did he look like?" 

"It doesn't matter Vector. Just work with what you have. That guy couldn't help you." 

"Alright. Then I'm off. Unless..."

"Unless?"

"Unless you wanna follow me and maybe help if I have questions?" Vector suggested. 

"Sorry Vector, I have something to you. You have a communicator right? Just talk through that." Sonic said. 

"I don't have one." 

"Oh, uh... just ask Tails for one. Look, I have to go now." Sonic said. 

"Okay, anything else?" Vector asked. 

"..."

"Okay, bye Sonic." 

"Wait."

"Yeah?"

"If you see my bandanna, get it and bring it back. Please."

"Wow, that's the first time you've said please. What did that guy do to you?" Vector asked, in confusion but at the same time concerned. 

"It's not what he did to me, it's what he did to the other... never mind vector. I gotta go! Good luck!" Sonic said before running off. 

Sonic wasn't worried about his bandanna as he was about something... or should I say... someone else.