Chapter 16-We're back!

Sonic saw that his friends came back. He ran over to them to greet them.

"Hey guys! Did you do what you needed to do?" Sonic asked.

Tails high fived him and Knuckles fist bumped him. Amy just straight up hugged him.

"Heheh... Amy... you can let go now." Sonic said blushing.

"Oh! Sorry! It's just it's been a long time!" Amy said smiling.

"Yeah, I missed you guys." Sonic said.

"Where's Sticks?" Sonic asked.

"She went home already." Amy said.

"Well, we completed the mission. Did anything happen while we were gone?" Tails asked.

"Uh... no. Nothing much." Sonic said.

"Did you get the new video game for me like I asked you?" Tails asked.

"Yep. It's at my shack. I'll get it. Uh... I'll met you guys at tails'  house." Sonic said.

"No mister! You said you would put the painting up! I want to see it." Amy said.

Everyone started to walk to the shack.

"N-No! It's messy!" Sonic said standing in front of them.

"Ha! Messy? Have you seen my house? No! Because I don't have one!" Knuckles said.

"Let's just go to Tails' house." Sonic said.

Everyone continued to his shack.

Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! They're gonna question Shadow playing with me! I can't tell them right now! I need to make sure Shadow is okay with it! What do I do?! Sonic thought.

They all entered the shack to Sonic's surprise, Shadow wasn't there.

"Messy? What are you talking about?" Tails asked laughing. "It's empty as it's always been."

"Yeah, very empty. You don't even have my painting up!" Amy yelled.

"Oh shoot. No Amy! It's just that I didn't know where. I didn't know the perfect place." Sonic lied.

"So where is it?"

"..."

"Ahem?"

"At your place."

"I'm going home. I can't. Not today. Not today!" Amy said walking out.

"Hey, how come you have two player on... the game that was supposed to be mine and brand new!" Tails yelled at Sonic.

"Uhh... sorry Tails. I've just really been wanting to play it. Sorry bud. I'll delete the whole data." Sonic said.

"Okay. Well I gotta go see Zooey. Bye!" Tails said waking off.

Knuckles just left with him.

Sonic looked around outside his house and looked for Shadow.

"Shadow! Where are you?!" Sonic yelled.

Shadow teleported in front of him.

"Ah! Shadow! Where... were you?" Sonic asked.

"You're friends were here."

"Uhh... so?"

"So? They're going to question why I'm in your house. We can't just say oh we're playing video games like buddies!"

"But... we are buddies... right?"

"Sonic we can't tell them!"

"Wait... we can't tell them about... us?"

Shadow stared at him.

"No Sonic. And you know why."

"Shadow... they're my friends. They'd never make fun of us."

"No Sonic! Y-You can't just, TRUST PEOPLE!" Shadow said ending with a roar.

Sonic stepped back.

"Shadow... you promised." Sonic whimpered.

"Sonic..." Shadow said walking towards him holding his arms out to hug him.

"No!" Sonic yelled.

"You... I need to be alone for a little bit." Sonic said.

He ran off and Shadow was left there alone.

Only about a week and we're already fighting constantly. Damn it. What can I do? Hmm... Shadow thought.