Chapter 3-Suffering

The door then opened and the lights turned on. The person who took Sonic was standing there, still hooded. They looked at Sonic, then at Shadow.

He put Shadow in a bubble and took him outside the room.

"Hey! Bring him back here!" Sonic yelled.

"Sonic shut up! Stop worrying about me! I hate you, you hate me. Just face it." Shadow said.

The person closed the door, Sonic crawled over to the door and sat with his back to it. 

Then he heard Shadow yell, "Hey! What are you doing! What is that! Get it away from me! Is that what I... no! Get me out! What do you want from me?! Sonic! Get me out!"

He was banging on the door. Sonic tried to open the door. And he started to bang on the door too.

"Shadow! What's happening in there?! Shadow? SHADOW!" Sonic yelled.

"What is this black liquid?! Don't touch me! Sonic open the door please! Get me out of here! I don't want this! There's t-tentacles! "

"Shadow I can't! S-Stay... STAY STRONG!" Sonic yelled.

Sonic tried to listen, but Shadow didn't yell. He heard... weird breathing, from Shadow. 

"Shadow... what's going on?" Sonic asked. 

There was a pause. 

"Sonic... help." He heard him say softly. 

Then he heard... moaning.

"Shadow... you need to tell me what's going on in there." Sonic said banging on the door. He heard panting. 

"Shadow answer me god dammit!" Sonic shouted starting to cry. 

"I... this thing is... I'm being..." "What? What Shadow? Being what? Killed? Stabbed? Eaten? Ra.... no..."

Sonic realized that there was something in there... something that was doing horrible things to Shadow.

"SHADOW! Fight! Get out of there now! Convince him to let you go! Do anything! Sacrifice me!" Sonic shouted. 

"L-Let go... Stop... please." Shadow said. 

"Shadow! Where's the strong hedgehog who kicked me in the head! Fight back!" Sonic yelled. 

"S-Stop. I'm gonna... ah!"

A couple minutes of yelling later, Sonic eventually gave up, he felt useless. He just listened to Shadow's suffering. About 15 minutes later, Shadow was thrown into the room where Sonic was in, then the door closed.

Sonic went over to Shadow, there was white liquid on him. 

"Shadow... are you alright?" Sonic asked. 

"I... please stop. No more." Shadow said. 

"Shadow, it's okay. It's over. That guy won't hurt you anymore." Sonic said patting him on the back.

Then Shadow threw himself in Sonic's arms. 

"T-There was this monster... it had tentacles and... n-no... It..."

"Shadow... he really did break you." Sonic said. 

"I didn't want to. I'm sorry... Maria." Shadow muttered. 

"What? Mariah?" Sonic asked. 

"It hurts Sonic. I-I... Sonic I couldn't-" "Shadow, don't worry. You're okay. If you want... uhh.. I can comfort you." Sonic said.

Shadow looked at Sonic.

"What words can make this better? You don't understand." Shadow said. 

"Shadow, what if I told you... you're stronger than me?" Sonic asked. 

"What are you talking about?" 

"Look at you, you're talking to me normally. You lived though it. I... I couldn't help you. I'm supposed to be the hero, yet while you were in there begging for help... I couldn't do anything. Shadow... Shadow thank you!" Sonic cried pulling him in for a hug. 

Shadow was so shocked, and so was Sonic. 

"For what?"

"For once we're getting along. I don't know what's wrong with us, we would never talk to each other like this. I... I like it. Thank you for letting yourself open up. You've shown weakness and you're better for that." Sonic said. 

Shadow then pushed him away. Sonic fell on his back.