Chapter 2: You're The Best

"Come on hey mommy, Come on hey daddy~" Solar sang as she danced through her kitchen, cooking breakfast for herself and her new roommate. It's only been a day since Solar took in the small boy who went by the name of Woozi. He had fallen asleep almost instantly as soon as he laid on the couch in her living room, which made Solar wonder how much he had walked to get to her. So far, Solar only knew 3 things about Woozi since the boy was too quiet for his own good: His real name, which was Lee Jihoon; his real age, which was 16 and Solar quickly took it in account as she was NOT keeping a minor in her house for more than 48 hours without his parents consent; and lastly, his soulmates...he had gone to 6 other people before her.

"Good morning..." Woozi's hoarse voice greeted as she noticed the boy right beside her.

"Hi, Woozi. Did you sleep well?" Solar asked as the purple haired boy nodded.

"Yeah. Your house smells homely, Noona," Woozi said as Solar smiled.

"I told you that Solar it's fine. No need for the Noona," Solar said as she glanced at Woozi, "Yah!" She suddenly called, much to Woozi's surprise as he glanced at her.

"Y-yes?" Woozi asked, frighten at Solar's outburst.

"You don't have any more clothes?" Solar asked as Woozi looked down at his clothes and then back at Solar.

"No," Woozi said as Solar scratched her head.

"...I'll have to buy you some on my way back, I guess," Solar said as she went back to cooking.

"You don't have to," Woozi said, much to Solar's puzzlement.

"And why's that? Are you going back to your parents?" Solar asked, relief hinted in her voice. It wasn't that she hated Woozi or wanted him out of her house. On contrary, it was nice to live with someone. The issue was that Woozi was a minor and Solar was in no position to take care of a minor...or herself at that.

"...No. It's just not fair to you," Woozi said as he followed Solar, who took the pan and placed the food in the two plates in the small dining table.

"Its fine, I like shopping. I do think, however, that you should go back to your parents," Solar reasoned.

"They...they would rather not have me around," Woozi confessed, much to Solar's concern and curiosity. Where were this kid's parents? Why were they letting him venture the world for his soulmates?

"Woozi," Solar called the purple haired boy who timidly look up at her, "Why don't you want to go back to your parents?" She asked but Woozi remained quiet as he avoided her gaze.

"Woozi, you can tell me," Solar persisted...but the boy quickly shook his head. With a tired sigh, Solar gave up. The boy was a closed book, Solar couldn't deny. It had been a trial to get him to talk before, so Solar should had seen it coming when he just shut her out.

Whatever Woozi had gone through...his parents must have ignored it. Solar thought, eyeing the short boy before her.

************

"Unnie, what are you doing?" Hwasa asked as Solar snapped out of her daze. She had been wiping the same table...for the last 10 minutes. To say the table was clean was an understatement.

"Uh...just cleaning. You know, got to keep the place shimmering clean, right?" Solar said, trying to not let Hwasa see through her lie. How could she tell her that a schoolboy had suddenly come to her door and she had illegally adopted him without his parents consent? In Solar's defense, Woozi did shut her out when she insisted on knowing why he refused to go back to his parents.

"I know, but you don't only clean one table. You have to clean all tables," Hwasa protested as Solar gave her a sheepish smile.

"O-of course! I was going to do that!" Solar said as the bell above the main door of the café jingled, indicating a customer had arrived.