24. Can I not kiss you?

Start from the beginning

Another minute or so and we were back in my apartment. The chill in the air that I felt, as I entered the place, was something I haven't felt in many months. Perhaps it was his presence that made it even worse for me to stay in the ambience. He was horribly quiet and I wasn't enjoying it.

But his cologne however didn't let me shift away. I had always been a perfume addict and Christian just made my allure even extreme. It was horrible how I couldn't ask him the name of the fragrances he wore each day, because even though they all smell similar, yet with every attire, it seems to change.

A sweet, yet bold smell, mixed with a tinge of pristine exquisite crisp of a perfume. His existence is invariably imbued with a sense of sheer calm and serenity. It's interesting how he never fails to look glorious. He is laurelled alongside his business and success; a perfect combination of a man in his field.

I went to the kitchen counter to fetch a glass of water. Coiling my hair demurely up and tucking them with a hair clip, I took out a bottle from the refrigerator as I placed a glass on the slap. But just when I was about to pour water into the container, I felt something behind towering me. Although I had a slight idea of what it might be, I still glanced over through my shoulder.

Before I could call him out, he placed a quick kiss on the nape of my neck which made me jolt up and I ended up spilling water on the counter. I abruptly turned around and he leaned in making my lower back crash with the edge of the counter. His hands were now on the either side of my hips on the slap. He basically had me trapped between his arms.

"What..." I looked up at him, but he slightly tilted his head, not fazing away.

"What? Can I not kiss you?" His statement made me fall back into self-questioning. I wasn't mentally prepared for him to be so upfront with his words.

"Uhm..."

"Do I have to take permission?" He asked, getting even closer to my face.

"Uh- I n-never said that." I stuttered; my heart was beating in my ears. Knowing my breasts were only a few inches away to be pressed against his chest, made every single part of me shudder in that closure excitement.

"Hm." he said and placed a quick kiss on the side of my lips, but never left.

"I was planning to take a few more days, guess I would be doing it today." He said and nodded to himself, almost

"Huh?"

"Nothing. Get ready, we're going out." He stood back up.

"Where?" I asked, but he just smiled, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"You'll see."

>>

I hated how vaguely he explained where he would take me. If only he gave me some direct hints, I would dress up according to that. I quickly took out some of my dresses, throwing them in a decorative fashion on my bed. But knowing how perplexed I get when it comes to choosing an outfit (a similar problem most females on the planet face), I wasn't able to decide what to wear. And strangely enough, I knew, who is the only person who could possibly help me.

"I need your help." I cried in my baby voice. I know it melts Claire too easily.

"What happened, baby?" She asked getting worried.

I then told her about everything and she simply was at my place in the next hour.

"But where is he taking you?" She asked as she examined every possible attire, I could wear.

"I seriously have no idea." I shook my head, while trying to look for my lipstick amongst the mess piled up on my dressing table.

"Hm, I know what you could wear."