16 || Over Again

Evie's POV

"I love you too..."

"...I love you, Harry..." I murmured.

When I opened my eyes, I realized I wasn't dreaming anymore. I was in our room, curled in the sheets, hugging my pillow like as if it were my boyfriend.

Shit there we go. Real life had to ruin my dreams. Of all times to wake up, why did it have to be after Harry just confessed his love for me??

I shut my eyes closed and buried my head in my pillow, hoping I would fall asleep again. After waiting a couple of minutes, I dragged myself up and out of bed. I was already awake, unfortunately.

I picked up my phone and glanced at the time. It was already past one in the afternoon, of course I had overslept. When I placed my phone back on the side table, I noticed a note that was inserted underneath.

Hey babe, you seemed to be enjoying your sleep too much so I didn't wake you up. There's breakfast on the table. Bacon slightly burnt, but still edible. I left for the Grove to set up for my exhibit. I'll see you there later at five.

I love you,

Zayn

I felt my heart grow heavy with a pang of guilt, knowing that the last thing I wanted to do right now was go to the venue and help Zayn set up. He didn't expect me to, but a couple of weeks ago given this exact situation, that's what I would have done. I needed to visit Niall at his shop, and since Zayn wasn't home, I felt even more eager to do so.

I ran to the bathroom and took a quick shower, blow-dried my hair for ten minutes, got dressed, downed half of the breakfast on the table, drank a small carton of orange juice, brushed my teeth, and rushed out of the apartment. It was amazing how I suddenly turn into superwoman when I'm in a hurry and excited.

It still blew my mind that Niall's wine bar, named Horan and Haide, had to be like right across the building of our apartment. Was it just a coincidence? Of all places for him to put up a business, it had to be here.

I pushed the front door open, while kicking out a few left over confetti and flower petals on the floor from last night's opening. "Good afternoon. Is Niall in?" I asked one of the bar tenders.

The place looked quite different when it's not set up for a party. Instead of dance, they were playing soothing jazz music. Not really my taste, but it was perfect for the bar. There were already about ten people inside having a drink and some appetizers, and it looked like it was going to be packed soon.

"Looking for me?" said a chirpy voice behind me.

"Oh hey!" I greeted excitedly, immediately regretting the enthusiasm after. I should probably tone down a bit. He might get the wrong message and think I was into him. By the way I reacted to seeing him yesterday, I think anyone would.

"Didn't think you'd actually show up," Niall raised an eyebrow. "Looks like you are quite fond of wine, huh? You didn't answer my question last night since you sort of just, ran off."

I gave him an embarrassed shrug. "I know, sorry. It's quite a long story."

"I got all day," he smirked, leading me to one of the fancy tables in the middle.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to tell him everything. First of all, I barely knew him. Normally I wouldn't meet up with someone I barely knew. This was all because of Harry and my insanity. He makes me do stuff that I would normally never do.

Second, he will definitely think that I'm some kind of lunatic and will probably kick me out of the store.

But at the same time, I didn't want him to get the wrong idea and assume that the reason why I'm so eager to meet is because I fancy him or whatever. All I really wanted to do was ask him if he knew anyone named Harry Styles. I felt like I was so close. I just had to put some puzzle pieces together. As of today, Niall was my first puzzle piece.