How Could I Forget Your Birthday? (Dean x Reader)

A/N: This is a request. I'M SORRY THIS CAME OUT SO LATE!  I apologize for the inactivity, exams are next week and I've been pilled up w/ homework and final assignments. If you don't know already, REQUESTS ARE NOW CLOSED. I have to write two of my friends fanfics for their birthdays, so that'll take up all of my time so I won't have time for requests at the moment. 

Prompt: You are under the assumption that the Winchesters have forgotten your birthday, that is, until Dean takes you out to dinner and plans something special. 

It was already five o'clock in the afternoon and not once was your birthday mentioned. Of course, you didn't expect birthday wishes here and there from everyone you knew, but it was nice to know that they remembered. The Winchesters weren't the type of people who really celebrated birthdays, or any sort of holiday as a matter of fact. It's hard to imagine Sam and Dean going out of their way to plan a party either, especially while the three of you had a case to work on. So, instead of celebrating, you sat alone in your bedroom scrolling through countless blocks of news reports, the words not registering in your mind due to other distracting thoughts.  

"Y/N," You turned your head towards your doorway and noticed Dean. He wore a dashing grey suit with a dark red tie. "I was about to head to the police station, did you want to tag along? I could use the extra help." He held out a fake FBI badge towards you. 

"Yeah! just give me a second to change." You shoved your laptop aside and grabbed the badge from Dean. You walked over to your closet and picked out one of your fanciest outfits. You changed into the new outfit, checking the doorway to make sure Dean wasn't there before hand. You took one last look in the mirror, assuring yourself that you looked professional; nobody would be able to tell the difference anyway. 

Your shoes clicked against the floor while you strolled down the hallway. Dean tossed his keys into the air, before catching them with the same hand; his grip now different. The two of you walked up the winding staircase. Dean held the door open for you. "Ladies first." he said. 

"Oh, Dean, you know you're not obligated to do that." you commented, smiling as you walked outside. You took in a breath of fresh air, looking up at the darkened sky. Dean gave Sam a quick nod just before he exited the Bunker, shutting the door softly behind him. 

You weren't one to daydream while on the road, but when Dean pulled up to a classy restaurant, you were caught completely off guard. 

"Wh-Dean, what are you doing?" You cocked an eyebrow. There was no possible way that Dean Winchester would go out of his way-especially during a case-to take you out for dinner on your birthday, would he? This thought puzzled you. Was there more to this night than you thought?

"You didn't think I'd remember?" He lips curled into a small smile. "How could I forget your birthday, Y/N?" 

"Well-I just didn't think you'd go out of your way to do something like this for me..." You paused. "You know you don't have to do anything for me, right?" 

"I wanted to. Now, let's go eat. I'm freakin' starving." Dean licked his lips. He strode over to the entrance, holding the door for you once again. 

"Hello. Reservation for Dean Winchester." Dean addressed the host in a polite manner. Just a few minutes later, a blonde-haired waitress lead the two of you to the reserved table Dean payed for. As soon as he sat down, Dean's face was already buried in his menu. 

"Y/N, look, they charge over ten dollars for a bunch of lettuce and some dressing. That's not food!" Dean mocked. You threw your head back, small giggles escaping your mouth. 

"Shhh Dean! someone will hear you!" You playfully pushed his shoulder. He only smirked at you before returning his gaze to the menu when something caught his eye. 

Dean wasn't the 'fancy restaurant' kind of guy. The overpriced food, small proportions and dress code didn't impress Dean. However, You could tell Dean was having a good time, but you couldn't help feeling that he wasn't telling you something; he was holding back. 

...

After forcing you to leave the restaurant without dessert, you knew there was something else planned. You braced yourself as you approached the faded door of the Bunker. For all you know there could be crowds of people inside, or just Sam and a few others. You winced while you slowly turned the doorknob. Dean ushered you inside. When you looked down, you saw every single one of your friends, and a few selected people you've befriended while hunting. Lastly, you noticed Sam in the middle of them all, holding a rather large birthday cake. He had a party hat placed on his head and party horn in his mouth. All at once, everyone yelled "Happy Birthday, Y/N!" just before each and every one of them, including Dean, blew into their party horns. A smile was plastered across your face as you winced from the noise. You threw yourself at Dean, embracing him. Rushing downstairs, the excitement coursed through your body; you were astounded. 

The rest of the night was filled with laughter, an extremely embarrassing Happy Birthday song-which Dean did record against your will-and a few presents. Walking down the hallway, slouching, you trudged to your bedroom. It was almost midnight, and you were feeling drained.  The party was over. You swapped out your elegant outfit for a baggy t-shirt and plaid pajama bottoms. As you were about to close your door, you noticed something resting on your bed. Walking  towards it, you realized that it was a small, wrapped present. A envelope leaned against the gift. Your name was written on the center of it. You slid the card out of the envelope. Inside of it was a small note in cursive; "May your Birthday wishes come true.". You tossed the card aside when you saw something else fall out of the card; a note.

Y/N,

I didn't know how else to bring this up, or where to even start...but, I'm in love with you...

...

You could feel tears gather in your eyes. It took you several minutes to read the letter. Well, actually, you read it over three times to make sure you were interpreting the correct information. How long has he felt this way?  you wondered. Now, your hands found the small gift. You tore at the patterned wrapping paper. A small box was now in your hands, and inside of it was a necklace with a peculiar charm on its chain. 

"Wow..." You whispered to yourself, amazed. 

"I know." Dean exclaimed. He was leaning against your door frame, a slight blush crept its way up his cheeks as his hands fumbled with each other. 

"Dean..I-" You couldn't form words. What were you even supposed to say to him? now that his feelings were out in the open, you could be completely honest about yours as well..."I love you too." you blurted. Dean's face looked relieved. A smile tugged at his lips, he looked down at his socked feet to hide his expression. He seemed sheepish. 

Walking towards him, you gave him the necklace and turned around. Dean caught on to what you wanted and put the necklace around your neck, and made sure the clip was hooked on to the other end of the silver chain. 

"It looks beautiful-you look beautiful, Y/N." He complimented. 

"Thank you, Dean.." You looked away, blushing. 

You're not sure how it happened, but before you knew it, Dean had his arms around you, his lips were pressed against yours. 

Out all of your celebrated birthdays, this was by far, the best one.