Torture

Lauren's p.o.v

Blood. That's all I could see, smell and pretty soon I'm sure I will be able to hear it talk or something. It was everywhere. I felt woozy from getting shot in the stomach but Tom looked much worse. Me, Mr Mason and John Pope were tied up to three chairs and we were all facing each other in a triangle.

I couldn't remember much but by the looks of the other two it was bad. Toms face was all bruised and bloody, and John had a gun shot on his shoulder. Obviously his face was bruised too. That left me, I couldn't see myself but my body was aching and I felt blood dripping from my face.

"Lauren...you're awake." Tom said, in a weak voice. "Are you okay?"

I couldn't find any words to say. I was too worn out. Slowly, I nodded.

"I thought I said no talking!" An aggressive voice beamed into the room. It was the man that shot me. Then the memories flooded back, I killed his son. I killed someone.

"I'm sorry." I muttered. Truly I was.

"What?" the man said. He walked over and stop in front of me. "Sorry? You killed my son and you think sorry will solve everything?"

I shook my head, "No but --" I was cut off by him punching me in the face.

"Joe! She's a kid." Another middle aged looking man said.

"So was my son." Joe spat.

Tom and John shouted at him and I just spat the blood out of my mouth and tried to stay calm. I'm pretty sure I felt a gap in my mouth where a tooth should be. "Okay...I deserved that." I muttered, blinking back tears.

"No! You deserved much more." He hissed then walked away holding his hand. Good, it hurt him too.

I tried to move my hands but they were tied behind my back. The pain where I was shot started coming back so I looked down at it. It seemed like they had put some sort of bandage around it, which means the didn't want me to die...yet.

I couldn't tell what I looked like but the way the other two we're looking at me proved that it wasn't good. I blew some hair out of my face and watched our captors suspiciously. We couldn't really fight back with the conditions we were in. The only thing we could do it wait and hope someone would find us.

"Right...where do you keep your weapons?" Joe walked into the middle of our triangle, interrogating Tom. When he didn't answer, Joe turned to me and pushed his hand into my bullet wound.

A wave if dizziness took over as I screamed in pain. Gritting my teeth, I looked up at Tom. "Don't tell him." I managed to say before Joe tortured me again. "Don't."

This time I didn't hold back any tears, I couldn't. "Now tell me where you keep your guns...or I will slit her neck." Joe held a 4 inch knife to my neck and threatened Tom.

He wouldn't do it, at least that's what I told myself until I felt the cold blade press against me skin. That's when I knew... he would do it.

I killed his son, why wouldn't he do it?