Feelings

I jolted upright and gasped. Breathing heavily, I looked around and saw that I was in some sort of hospital. Sweat was dripping from my head and I felt it on the back of my neck. What had happened? I frowned and as I was about to get out of the bed I was in, a woman appeared from behind a curtain.

"What's going on? Where am I?" I pulled away from her and she held out a hand to feel my head.

She pulled back and smiled, "I'm doctor Glass."

Her brunette hair flowed around her body as she walked over to a sink to wash her hands.

"How do you feel?" Dr Glass asked me with a concerned look on my face.

I didn't know what to say, "I-I feel strange. I just had this horrible dream." I cringed at the thought of it.

"What was it?" She wrote down what I was saying on a small notepad and nodded along with my story.

"Well, there were these alien things and they were fighting us-the humans I mean- and I shot one and it..died. I think, I'm not sure." I frowned at myself. Why was it so hard to remember? "Oh God, I think Hal died. He's my friend."

Dr Glass straightened her back and I think she sort of laughed. "Right, Lauren I'm sorry but it wasn't a dream."

"What do you mean it wasn't a dream? Who the hell are you anyway?" I stood up a wave of dizziness came over me so I sat back down. Then realisation set in and I remembered. It was real.

I felt nauseous and my head spun, "Oh shit, Hal...he'd dead. Isn't he doctor?" Then I started to sob, which I never did in front of people.

"No, Lauren. Hal is fine. I promise." She sat on the edge of the bed and smiled at me, "and call me Anne." She added.

I sagged into my bed and closed my eyes, "So, what happened? After I killed that Mech."

"Ben carried you in, and you were mumbling something about Hal and how we had to see if he's alrigh...then you passed out." She informed me and stood to leave the room because someone called her.

"Dr Glass-er Anne, how long have I been out?" I wondered. It felt like ages.

"Two days." And with that she left the room.

Tegan's P.O.V

"How's your sister?" Hal strolled over to me, pushing his motorbike. I almost forgot what he asked.

"I actually haven't been to see her yet." I smiled as he leaned against the bike and smiled at me. His teeth were in a perfectly straight line. "I'm going now if you wanna come?"

He was about to answer when a blonde girl jumped on his back and kissed his cheek. I grit my teeth angrily. They giggled to each other and Hal pointed at me, "This is Tegan."

She looked up and smiled innocently, "Hey, I'm Maggie."

All I could do was stare at the way his arm was settled on her him and how she leaned against his body. "Nice to meet you." I put on an enthusiastic voice.

"She was my friend before the invasion." Hal explained how we were in the same classes but seemed to miss out the parts where we'd hook up in Mr Lions' old art room.

I painted a fake smile over my face, "Right, well I've got to go see my sister."

Without another word, I spun round and stormed off in the opposite direction. I kept playing the scene over in my head, "This is Tegan." "She was my friend before the invasion."

The only thing I could do now was try to get him another way. Make him jealous.

Lauren's P.O.V

Getting discharged from the hospital was so stressful. I had a bunch of pills I had to take and had to go back to Anne for frequent check ups. Tegan told me all about Hal and his girlfriend, who she seemed to hate even though she didn't know her and about how hot he looked with his motorcycle. She didn't once ask how I felt, all she could speak about was Hal.

I sort of zoned out after a while because she kept saying the same thing over and over about how she's going to make him jealous. It's hard to believe she's 17 and I'm 16 but I'm still the mature one.

"Hey! Lauren, are you even listening to me?" She tugged my shoulder and stopped. I stared at her. "my plan? You didn't listen?"

"Sorry." I shrugged then she carried on.

"Anyway, I'll tell you now." Tegan said and we started walking again. "So, I'm thinking I'm going to try and get with Ben to make Hal jealous...would that work?"

All of a sudden I started to listen, "Ben?" I laughed, hiding my angry. How could she do that? "he's too young for you."

"Only 1 year younger." She scoffed. "Or you do have a thing for him?"

I kicked the stones on the floor and shook my head, "No."

We ended up at a restaurant sort of thing where we were meeting Tom, Hal, Ben and Matt. Mr Mason had asked us to have dinner with him so we could catch up and sort out some housing so we didn't have to stay in the temporary houses anymore.

Tegan wore a grey mini skirt with black tights and a red top. And as always, she looked perfect. Her hair was in a messy bun and she stole some earrings from somewhere. I looked homeless compared to her, in my same old blue jeans, black top and leather jacket. It didn't help that I ha a cast for my sprained wrist.

We walked into the restaurant, arms linked, and noticed the Masons straight away. They had some sort of special seats that looked like the comfiest place here. Tegan's nails dug into my arm when she noticed Maggie sitting next to Hal and joking around with Tom.

I pulled her over to an empty seat where I sat in between Matt and Tegan and she sat between me and Ben. As soon as we sat down the flirting started.