Hostage

Tom was saying something about how we could get good rooms because he's the president but all I could do was hear Tegan complimenting everything about Ben. I agree'd with everything but that's not the point.

I think even Tom realised how awkward I felt so he turned to Tegan, "What do you want to eat?"

She looked down at the menu then looked at Ben, "What are you having?"

He looked like he was actually enjoying the attention, "What is there?"

"Not much, only soups and beans and stuff." Matt moaned. I'm guessing he missed pizza as much as I did.

"Just any soup then." Ben said and Tegan have him an approving nod.

"So me and Lauren were talking about how hot you are compared to before." Tegan whispered into Ben's ear.

"I liked him before." I said gravely, taking another sip of soup. Then I froze when I realised what I had just said. Ben grinned at me and I made me blush so I looked away.

After I finished my soup, Tegan passed me hers. She never liked soup so I had it instead. To be fair I hadn't eaten in two days and two small bowls of soup didn't fill me up. Matt turned to me, "want it?"

I took it without hesitation and Tegan frowned at me, "Yeah," she scoffed, "Eat a little more."

I stared at the soup for a second and all of a sudden I wasn't so hungry anymore. Tegan was right, I shouldn't eat this much. It hurt more that she was my sister and she was perfect. A sickening feeling crept up in me and I stood up.

"Would you excuse me?" Without waiting for an answer I headed for the bathroom. After all I didn't want to throw up on Ben's lap.

Out the corner of my eye, I saw Ben standing up but Tegan pulled him back down. How could she do this to me? I know I didn't tell her I had feelings for Ben but did I have to spell it out. Then calling me fat in front of the Masons. Gr.

I locked myself into a cubical and stood over the toilet, waiting for the sick but nothing came. Maybe I'm fine. Then I realised I didn't feel sick, I wanted to be sick. I guess the pressure of having a perfect sister got to me after all. I nervously knelt down and bent over the toilet seat. Putting two chubby fingers down my throat, I threw up all the soup I had ate.

--------------------------

I stayed in the bathroom for a while after that with hundreds of questions swimming round my head.

"Will they know what I've just done?" "Will they smell sick?" "Will they hate me for it?"

Taking one last deep breath, I opened the bathroom door and stepped out. Before anyone saw me a deathening sound made everyone alert, following with the ground shaking. Some plates smashed on the floor then everything was still.

I ran toward the table that my friends were at and followed Tom's commands. "Matt and Ben, you go to Pope and find out what's going on." Then he turned to Maggie and Hal, "You two help people to safety." Finally he turned to me, "You and Tegan go find somewhere safe." He hurried, "and stay there." Tom said more to me than to Tegan.

Everyone ran to find safety and me and Tegan stood still for a few seconds. "Tegan, you need to get safe." I handed her a hand gun, "for safety. Remember how I taught you to use it?"

Whatever sort of hate I had for her a minute ago was gone and I needed to keep her safe.

She nodded, "I'd tell you to come with me but..." I smiled, it's good that she understood when I had to fight.

"Be safe, Tee. Love you." I ran out and left her on her own.

Searching for someone that can tell me what's going on I saw Matt and Ben. "Matt!" I screamed, trying to get his attention but he was running in the opposite direction toward his dad.

"Dad! It's not skitters. It's people. They're masked." Matt shouted through the chaos. I stood ear shot away so that Tom wouldn't make me go back. "And they took Pope."

Toms face darkened, no matter how many differences they had, Pope and Tom had each others backs.

Now that I didn't have a gun, I needed to find one and I remembered Tom saying they keep one at the bottom of every cabin just incase. I ran and slid on my knees for a few metres before reaching the bottom of a cabin. I reached for a machine gun when Tom was next to me reaching for the same one.

I pushed it in his direction, "Just take it!" I said before he could send me to safety.

Great, I had to find another gun now...

Short after, I found another one and ran toward Matt, "Where were the intruders?"

He pointed down a dark abandoned street, "Dads just gone down there."

"Alone?" I didn't have to ask, obviously alone.

"Yeah." Matt looked worried.

"Don't worry, Kiddo. I've got his back." I reassured Matt before chasing after Tom.

I couldn't find him anywhere down the street but when I was about to give up I saw three men with balaclavas on holding guns up to Tom.

I was about 7 metres away from them and pointed my gun up to one of their heads, "Let him go or I'll shoot." I raised my voice so they could hear.

My hands trembled a little. One of them grabbed Tom and pulled him into an old ruined house. "Hey! did you here me?" I shouted, louder than before.

The two guys that were left took their balaclavas off and give me an evil smile. Oh shit, when they show themselves it's because they are going to kill you. I gulped and put my finger on the trigger, "Stay back," they were very close now, "I'll shoot."

The older of the two guys, who looked about 30, spoke first, "See, I don't think you will."

Then the younger one, with a cruel face and thick eyebrows that nearly met in the middle spoke, "Because you would have shot us already."

Right, there is no time to think now. Two options:

-Kill one of the two and get shot by the other.

Or - Put my gun down and let them take me where ever they took Tom.

Obviously, the pressure was pressing down on me and I chose option one. I mean, my sacrifice would be fine. As long as one of these pricks died too. I pulled the trigger and shot the younger one in the tiny gap between his eyebrows and the older one held his gun toward me.

"That was a silly thing to do!" His voice cracked. "That was my son."

After he said that, my heart broke. No matter what he had been about to do, he was human. This world made a all do terrible things but no one deserved to die.

He held the gun up to my forehead and for a second I wanted him to shoot, I'm a murderer. Then he moved the gun toward my stomach and started taking steps backward. What the hell? When he was a few metres away he pulled the trigger and I went flying backward. A pain struck through my stomach and up my back but as soon as I hit the floor I blacked out. Or is this death?

--------------------------------

I enjoyed writing this chapter so I hope you like reading it. Don't forget to vote please and add this to your library.

If you enjoy this please fan me?:)