The Skies Are Falling - Falling Skies Fan Fiction

"Tegan!" I heard my own voice echo through the rubble and unstable house. "I can't see you." Dust filled the air and made it's way into my lungs.

The creaking ceiling was threatening to collapse at any second and the only think that concerned me was Tegan, she hadn't answered me. I pushed the old oak table off my legs and got unsteadily to my feet.

"Laur-" Tegan's shrieking made my heart stop. She stared chocking.

"Tee, where are you? I'm coming." I pushed past collapsed pieces of the house we found a few weeks previously.

I reached her and bent down to examine the damage. "Lauren my leg is stuck. You need to go and get help." Her breath was heavy and her eyes were half closed.

"I'm not leaving you right now." Trying to tug the heavy boulder off her leg, I looked around for my gun.

If it was this time 3 years ago, a 16 year old girl with a machine gun and two small hand guns would look strange but now it's just a casual thing. You used to not be able to leave the house without lip gloss not you can't leave without your guns and C4.

"You have to!" She urged and took my face between her hands, "or this isn't going to come off my leg and I will slow us down when we need to get outta here."

I saw the tears in her eyes, she didn't think she'd make it. Even if she did get this off her leg it would be broken.

Finally, I nodded and kissed her head lightly, "I'll be back for you!" I reassured her before grabbing my guns and putting them in my belt. "Where's the machine gun?" I called.

Why did that sound so casual?

"By the door." her voice became weak so I ran to the door.

Grabbing the gun and swinging it over my shoulder by the strap, I set off to find help. My army boots made it easier to run so I was a little faster.

Everything looked so deserted, not a human in sight. There was an alien though. A skitter. At least that's what Tegan calls them.

It seemed to be alone but that was never the case. Pressing my back against a wall, I pecked round the corner with the scope on the gun to get a better look. The skitter was in front of a line of about 5 harnesses kids. My heart broke for them as they were controlled by the overlords. The ones that scare me most are the Mech. They can shoot bullets and rockets from their arms and have a multi-laser targeting system they use to triangulate their enemies.

Fortunately, there were no Mech lurking around and the skitters would move along if I just waited. That's when I realised I didn't have much time. Tegan was basically doomed if I didn't being back help, I didn't even leave her a gun. Stupid!

Aiming for the skitters massive head, I took the shot. It was always an advantage that I could shoot because Tee isn't exactly amazing at it. I guess I was born with it.

Tegan was the naturally pretty sister that was perfect at everything before the aliens invaded and she wouldn't even have thought about going within two miles of a real gun. She's tall and skinny and has short cropped dark brown hair. At school she had loads of friends and went to parties every weekend and there wasn't a day she didn't have guys following her round.

I however was the complete opposite. I wouldn't exactly say I was ugly but I definitely wasn't Tegan. I had to try a little harder or wear a little extra makeup to match her beauty. Instead of parties and friends, I had homework and books. She used to make fun of me, saying I was the geeky math freak and she was the sexy sleek chick.

Snapping back to reality, I noticed that I didn't kill the Skitter. It looked in exactly my direction and time froze. My heart leaped out of my chest and I clenched the gun between my hands so hard I though it might snap in two. After two seconds of debating what I should do, I ran forward. Yolo right?

I shot aimlessly and missed a few times but eventually the skitter was down. I smiled at my triumph but my pride was soon crushed as a Mech appeared from between two buildings and I knew that when there was 1...there was another close by. It spotted me as soon as it stepped into the street and aimed it's lasers at me. Movie like, I dived to the right and landed on the cold pavement. I didn't have the right sort of bullets to take these down.

My overthinking made me slow and I looked up to find the mech standing over me pointing it's arm in my face. 'this is the end' I closed my eyes and looked down to the ground.

SO THIS IS MY FIRST CHAPTER. COMMENT AND VOTE PLEASE! THIS ISNT THAT GOOD BUT IT WILL GET BETTER WHEN THE STORY STARTS GOING. PLEASE READ IT AND SUGGEST IT TO OTHERS. THANKS.