Chapter 5

I got up and walked away, my breath shaking. What did I just do? Did I honestly think she would let me kiss her? Casey really isn't like the other girls.

            I locked the bathroom door and stared in the mirror, running a shaky hand through my brown hair. My lips still tingled from that moment.

            The fireworks my parents talked about were real. No doubt about it, I felt fireworks and oh man, did I want to feel them again.

            What if I was the only one to feel them, though? Or did she feel the spark, too? I slammed my fists on the counter and stared in the mirror.

            My conscious was looking at me and I was having an argument with myself. You know, the one where you talk to yourself out loud when no one is around? I talk quietly as my thoughts insult me.

            "I'm such an idiot.

            Yeah, agreed there. You messed up big time

            She gave me confirmation, she looked at my lips and closed her eyes. She braced herself. I felt her body tense up when I got closer.

            Are you sure she did that or were you seeing things?

            Maybe I read her wrong, maybe she didn't want me to kiss her. Maybe she doesn't want a relationship with me because-

            Don't flatter yourself. Don’t you even think about saying she doesn't want to deal with the baggage of having a Rockstar as a boyfriend. You're pathetic, trying to come up with an excuse.

            I'm not pathetic." I yelled.

            I slammed my fists against the counter again, hoping it would shut my conscious up. It didn't work.

            "Just face it, Andy. She isn't interested.

            What if she avoids me? What if I ruined the friendshi-

            Buddy, you already ruined it. That ship sailed the minute you tried to kiss her.

            She was flirting with me, I know she was, there's just something-

            The only person you're trying to convince is yourself. Give it up. You're feelings got in the way of what she wants-

            Shut Up!"

            I slammed the counter a third time as I looked back at myself and ran my hand through my hair again.

            "I need to think straight, just shut up for one moment! There is something holding her back. Something she's keeping from me.

            Yeah? And I'm actually a human being. Please.

            That has to be it. I need to find out what's wrong. I need to fix the mistake I made.

            Go ahead. Try to right the wrong. I'll be the one saying I told you so."

            I took one last look in the mirror to fix myself and shut up that annoying voice in my head. They were still nagging me, but I tuned it out.

            I went to reach for the handle of the bathroom door and Casey's voice caught my attention from the other side.

            "Casey why are you on the floor?" I could tell by his voice that it was Jeremy who asked. Great now he's getting involved. I did my best to hear everything they said.