Chapter 3

When you spend your time constantly touring, you kind of get used to a schedule. You get used to a plan. Your tour routine quickly turns into your normal every day routine, even when you’re at home.

            You wake up at ten or so, lazily dress yourself, grab something to eat or do something to occupy your time until someone else is awake. Checking your twitter feed is always an option, keep that in mind. Then once they started their day, you would find a diner or something so you can eat breakfast or get some coffee to cure your hangover from the previous night of partying. Then, you would play some video games, watch TV, or maybe even explore the town or take a walk with them.

            After a while, if you’re on tour, you sound check and head back to your bus until it’s time to go on stage, wishing you weren’t on tour so you could relax. Then you spend an hour on stage, getting grabbed and screamed at by teenage girls who think they actually want to marry you, end up sweaty, then you shower, change, meet fans outside the venue, and you finish up your night at the local bar, or throw a party on the bus so you can get so drunk you don’t have to remember what time bus call is.

             Then you end up passed out and drunk either in a bunk, if you were lucky, or on the floor somewhere, and you wake up at ten and do it all over again. The same thing each night.

             If you're not on tour, then you have a band practice, then settle down with the group and significant others’ to eat and watch a movie or congratulate friends on their new album. Then you would head home, fall asleep, and you spend that time wishing you were on tour so you were making people’s nights, meeting fans, and having that energy from the crowd fuel you.

            Needless to say, I woke up at ten in the morning. I had dreamt of being home in Baltimore, but opened my eyes to find I was still in the small, somehow cozy, space of a bunk. It was my own bunk, too. I surprisingly made it to my own bunk after all the alcohol I consumed last night. That’s an accomplishment in my book.

            The hangover started to come on, strong. I went to roll over and put the covers over my head. Maybe I could get a few more minutes of solitude before the madness of today’s predictable events start. But I felt someone next to me move. Someone was in my bunk with me. They groaned and rolled over to face me.

            At first, I thought it was Jeremy. He probably was too drunk to climb above me and just laid down in mine. Yes, okay. That happens sometimes.

            It was only then that my mind put the pieces together. Casey. The gorgeous brunette wasn’t part of my dreams at all. She was real, and she was in my bunk. I was faced with a decision; I could either move to get around her and wake her up, or fall back asleep. The latter wasn’t an option, in this case.

            “Casey.” I spoke softly, my voice a little dry and raspy. When she didn’t do anything, I gently shook her. “Caseeeey.” I said again, louder this time. She groaned and buried her face in my pillow more. It was actually pretty cute.

            No, Andy. She can’t be with you. Why would she want to be with you?

            “Casey!” I tried one last time, my voice coming out harsher than I intended.

            She jolted awake and covered her face with her hands.

            “I’m sorry!” she said in one quick breath, I looked at her confused.

            “Casey?” My voice was soft, trying not to frighten her. She removed her hands from her face to look at me. Her eyes held fear. So much fear. “I’m not going to hurt you.” I stated.