Chapter 2

I keep playing the scenario over in my mind. How did this actually happen? Actually, how did this happen to me of all people? I mean a tragic turn of events, suddenly lands me an entire weekend with my idol. I mean, think about this; let me paint you this picture:

            A girl buys tickets to a concert two years after the first time she met the lead of the band. This girl had no intentions of ever meeting this guy again, though. He was rude, and he rushed the entire process, not even asking her name. There wasn’t even time for a picture.

            So when she finally decides to see this band again, she spends hours preparing, writing a letter with her deepest secrets, and when she arrives at the concert, she learns that her purchased tickets weren’t in the venue’s database. It was clear that the venue wasn’t going to let her in, so she watches helplessly as her friends enter the venue, leaving her alone in the cold. Her friends tried multiple times to stay outside with her, but she insisted they go and have a good time. She promised them she would find something to do to pass the time.

            So the girl sits outside, for five hours, in the cold until the concert ends. She puts on some sweatpants she took out of her friends car about an hour in to keep herself warm. Then, she sees a bus, and sits on the curb next to it, in hopes that someone would pass so she could give her idol her letter she wrote. She was going to keep it short and sweet by handing them the letter, and leaving.

            Little did she know, that the one and only Andy Finlay was going to walk by, and when she hands him the letter, recalling how he was in a hurry the last time she met him, she turns to walk away, but he offers her a warm place to sit while he showers and gets ready.

            Then, in an effort to make up for his douche moves, he says they will spend the weekend together. It was the ultimate VIP experience, in her mind. Living with the band that has helped her through so much.

            I mean I am never this lucky. Never.                                                 

            So yes, I keep telling myself this is a dream. I am going to wake up, and this is all going to be a lucid dream. You’d do it, too. I know it for a fact.

            How am I sitting here right now, though? My idol just gave me his own clothes to wear to sleep, and I’m sitting next to him on the couch watching TV with him. I mean are you serious right now? Wait, how did I end up sitting on this couch? I was just standing up. Am in that much of a daze that I don’t even remember sitting down?

            "Casey?" I really was daydreaming. I mentally slapped myself, but it didn’t do any good.

            "Yeah?" I replied, only half listening, to the sound of my name. I was still off in my own little world, and Andy's voice sounded far away. Very easy to mask by more of my own thoughts.

            "What's going through your mind?" Andy asked, finally pulling me out of the safe haven I was in. His voice was closer now, making it almost impossible to stay there.

            "Just how crazy this is." I answered truthfully.

            "How crazy what is?"

            "Have you forgotten you're a rockstar? It seems like you have."

            "I'm nowhere near a rockstar." He laughed.

            "How do you tell yourself that? You were in Japan two weeks ago." I pointed out, to which he shook his head.

            "That means nothing. I'm just a guy who shares an opinion with my friends." He casually shrugged, keeping his expression nonchalant as he opened and sipped out of the bottle of water I had been drinking since he gave it to me. Wait, did he know that was my water? Probably not.