03: se faner

"LA VIE EST UN SOMMEIL, L'AMOUR EN EST LE RÊVE."
[ life is a long sleep, and love is its dream.]

JEONGGUK HAD GOTTEN home with a light heart and a heavy girl

after struggling to open the door and get off his shoes without wakening the slumbering girl or dropping her, he trudged up the stairs, a bead of sweat starting to dribble down his forehead.

who knew that by carrying a girl, you can get your cardio in for the day?

no wonder iron man's ripped.

dae's head was propped on his shoulder, cheeks squished— making her look all too endearing to the boy. her hair was like the purest of ink, the ebony shade scattering in wisps over her face. she looked all too innocent in the poor lighting of jeongguks home— she didn't look real. he didn't even feel real, so numb to the point that he had mistaken being drained of emotion as peace.

jeongguk didn't realize he was saddened yet, however. it was a strange feeling— not exactly depicted as sadness, but definitely not happiness either. the emotion resembled a boulder on his chest, and his lungs contracting heavily with every breath. it was odd how his mood changed so quickly, from happy to "peaceful."

if your dream comes true, you'll have to leave her. leave everything. do you want this as much as you say you do?

"i must be on my period." he mumbled, confused as to how his mood managed to alter so very quickly. he finally noticed his change in attitude. he must be on his man-period, there's no other possible explanation for the mood swings.

"oh my god, what if i'm pregnant?" his eyes widened, heart stopping for a bit. he, of course, didn't know what the hell he was saying, but he went along with it. it made him forget about everything for a little while at least, using this facade to boost his happiness level. you know what they say, fake it till you make it.

"who's pregnant?!"

jeongguk startled from the sudden interjection, lost in his thoughts. his honey eyes snapped towards the voice, only to realize it was his mother.

god save my soul.

mrs. jeon's eyes snapped towards the resting girl on his back, eyes widening as a realization dawned on her.

"you got jo haewon dae...pregnant?" mrs jeon was seething, the words dripping from her mouth like acid.

"oh hell no. i didn't get her—no! mom why would you even—" jeongguk couldn't come up with a coherent sentence, only sputtering out fragments that the six words had brought.