2

I've been working a lot lately so excuse the late update. Also, this chapter might confuse you a little bit, but as the story goes on you'll start to understand. Enjoy! ❤️

🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥

After a long day of lecturing and getting lesson plans together in the office, Avery packed up her things and headed out. She needed rest after the day she had had. First Chris showing up to her class and announcing that he was a student again. Then Timothy had been blowing up her phone with calls and text messages about Chris. Chris this, Chris that. She was so tired of hearing about him.

She knew that Timothy was insecure, but the calling and texting every five seconds brought a whole new meaning to it. Of course, he knew about her fling with Chris and he had forgiven her for it, but that didn't mean he wasn't worried. Worried that he'd lose Avery.

Hearing her phone ring she stopped in the middle of the hallway. Pulling it out of her purse she groaned seeing Timothy's name flash across the screen.

"Hard day," a voice questioned making Avery jump.

Seeing who it was Avery placed a hand on her chest sighing in relief, "I guess you could say that."

The woman chuckled sticking out her hand, "I'm Tegan. Tegan Frier. I didn't mean to frighten you."

Avery smiled at the woman and couldn't help but to notice how beautiful she was.

"Avery Jean. Nice to meet you Tegan and it's okay. Saved me from a phone call I've been dreading all day," Avery replied taking the woman's hand in hers.

"I know that feeling all to well. I know this is so sudden, but would you mind joining me for a drink? I'm new to the university and was hoping to make some friends," Tegan smiled shyly pulling her hand away from Avery to run her hand down her black office dress.

She was nervous and Avery could sense it.

"No need to be nervous Tegan. I actually could use a drink. A very strong one at that," Avery replied making the woman chuckle.

💍 💋  💍 💋 💍 💋 💍 💋 💍 💋

Avery smiled brightly as she took another sip from her drink. Hanging out with Tegan had her feeling relaxed and free. She couldn't remember when she had had a laid-back conversation with someone. It was nice and refreshing.

"So what is you position at the
university," Avery asked.

"I'm the President of the university. Today was actually my first day. I'm surprised you didn't know. Some of the professors have been giving me the stink eye all day," Tegan replied winding her hands together.

"Oh, don't worry about them. They're just mad a man didn't get the job. It's great though to see a woman, let alone, a black woman in charge of the university," Avery commented.

Tegan smiled softly at Avery's words. She was one of few people to give her words of encouragement and she appreciated it. Breaking out of her thoughts she noticed Avery's change of mood.

"Are you okay," Tegan asked.

Shaking off the fact that her husband had just entered into the bar she shook her head, "I'm fine."

"Avery. I may have just met you today, but I know when someone is lying and dear you aren't a very good liar," Tegan replied.

Before Avery could say anything she saw Timothy headed in their direction, but he wasn't looking at them. Without a second thought she pulled Tegan into her branding their lips together.

Seeing Timothy pass them by she pulls away from Tegan.

"I'm sorry I d-"

"I-it's fine. Can we leave now," Tegan interrupted as she stood grabbing her purse.

With only a nod Avery stood as well before heading out of the bar with Tegan. The drive back to Tegan's car was uneasy and quiet. The tension was so strong it was deafening.

Pulling into the university's parking lot Avery put her car in park.

Tegan unbuckled her seatbelt and hurriedly got out of Avery's car.

Sighing Avery quickly got out of her car and ran after Tegan. Reaching the woman she grabbed her shoulder gently.

"Tegan I'm sorry. I didn't mean to kiss you so suddenly. It w-"

"Avery I'm gay! You kissing me is the least of my worries. You're beautiful. Anyone would be pleased with you lip locking with them. So please Avery just let it go, okay," Tegan ranted.

Taking in everything Avery nodded, "Okay."

"Goodnight Avery," Tegan add before continuing her walk to her car.

"Friends," Avery called out.

Stopping, Tegan turned around a small smile gracing her lips, "Friends."

🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥

Say hello to Tegan! ❤️