Ch 10. XTwoThree

AN _ This is part 1 part 2 shall be up in probably 15-30 min just have some tweaking I need to do

Still love you ...

*sits in a dark corner of the bar with my drink*

_________________________

I prayed that I was dreaming.

Waking up in a place that's completely foreign isn't exactly a pleasant experience. My entire body ached, my head pulsed with pressure and my eyes strained to focus as the drugs I'd been filled with began to wear off.

I was in a small room with nothing but a bed, a couple of books, a television and a small cabinet of a bathroom. My clothes had been changed to a pair of white lounge pants and a white t-shirt. It contrasted horribly with the void-like black of the room.

I felt like I was in a box, and the large mirror spanning the one wall let me know I was being watched. The feeling of being trapped was overwhelming. I tried the main door, but as you would expect it was bolted tightly. There were no windows, even in the small bathroom and I felt a wave of claustrophobia as I scrambled back into the corner of the bed and sat there, my knees to my chest, my back to the mirror.

I wondered if Mitch was there. I wondered if he was close, if he was thinking of me, if he was okay.

Funny.

I was caged and all I could think of was him.

Always him.

I kept waiting for something to happen. I waited for what felt like forever, but without a clock, without windows, I had no way of knowing exactly how long it was.

I refused the food that was slid through a small opening at the bottom of the door. These were scientists, really how stupid did they think I was?

But stupidity wasn't really a factor. I guess I was in there longer than I thought because eventually one day I couldn't look at the food, smell it and stay away.

I'd lost all sense of time, until I swallowed my pride and turned on the television. The clock & date on the weather channel informed that it had been about a week since I'd been imprisoned.

For about another week I sat around, watching television, feeling sorry for myself. I found myself constantly thinking about him, wondering what he was doing right then, hoping he was okay and that the headaches he'd been experiencing were gone.

A part of me hoped that he was there, only for my own selfish reasons. I wanted him to be there to hold me, to take care of me. I wanted to see him. Every part of me longed to be close to him

Yet still, the logical part of me wanted him to be as far away as possible. I wanted him to be on the other side of the world, safe and well hidden.

All I could do was fall back down into my own pit of despair.

That's when the nightmare really started.

.

I woke one morning to three men hauling me from my tiny bed and dragging me down the hall to a brightly lit room where they strapped me down into a chair that reminded me horribly of a dentists chair. It was the first time anyone had even acknowledged I existed aside from sliding food into my small room and taking it away when I was done.

I was terrified beyond comparison. I tried to pull my wrists and ankles free even though I knew I would never be able to. That may sound cowardly, but I'd seen things like this happen in countless movies and it never ended well.

Take away your freedom and see how brave you are. You'll feel nothing but afraid and helpless.

"Hello, Scott "