Ch 6. Tell Me You Love Me

naughty times ahead

____________

“Tell me you love me.” His brown eyes sparkled up into mine. 

He seemed to doubt my love for him, for reasons I can still only guess. He asked for reassurance for days after he told me the truth. I assume he was still worried I'd leave him. He should have known better. No, I'd never leave him.

But knowing the truth....it affected us. 

I had pulled away from everyone else and the outside world when he’d initially shown up at my door, but now I really pulled away from everything, everything but Mitch. 

I didn’t want to be around anyone but him. I didn’t want to leave the apartment. I didn’t want to take any of the jobs I was being offered. I wanted nothing more than to spend every waking moment making up for the 6 years they took away from us. 

But, that wasn’t completely it. 

I was worried. 

He said they were gone, he said they’d never bother us again. Was that true? Could he really be so sure? What if they were still out there? What if they found him again? What if they tried to take him away from me again? What if they succeeded?

I had a tiny seed of fear buried deep in the center of my heart and it was doing nothing but grow with every passing moment. I could never lose him again. No matter what happened, I knew I’d die without him. 

People don’t seem to understand that. I guess it’s hard to explain an emotion that powerful. I can’t express how much I needed him every moment of every day. If you’ve never been in love then I’m sure it sounds completely absurd to say you NEED someone else to survive, but I did. Mitch was my oxygen. Mitch was my sustenance. 

I knew what it was like to live without him. I couldn’t go back there. Never again.

“You know I love you, as much as its possible to love anything...” My eyes always spoke the truth and he always seemed to search them when I answered him.  "... and even more than that."

His smile returned as he wrapped his arms around me. I kissed each dimple, my heart swelling with the tiny giggles spilling from his lips. I never wanted to let him go. 

We escaped into our own dream world. I had enough money to last us for quite awhile so I wasn’t all that concerned. Nothing else mattered to me except for him. I felt the need to surround him with warmth. I felt the need to give him anything could have ever wanted. I spoiled him. He deserved it after everything he’d been through. He hated spending my money, but what was it worth if I couldn’t spend it on the man I loved? I know he secretly enjoyed every second of it and I couldn’t seem to stop. I wanted to take him out, take him to nice restaurants and broadway shows, and he conceded for a little while, but after the first couple of days all he seemed to want was to lay in bed, and just talk and hold each other. 

That was always enough for him. He simply wanted to know I was there. 

For two weeks we forgot the rest of the world. 

Kirstie stopped by a couple of times, but she still didn’t understand it. She was angry and her dislike for Mitch grew as I pulled away from her. 

I felt bad, but I couldn’t seem to tear myself away from him long enough to go make amends. I was still clinging to him and his light. 

I guess staying in for almost two weeks and doing absolutely nothing but being with one person sounds a little crazy, but imagine this: Imagine you’d lost the person you loved for 6 years and you’d just gotten them back. What would you do? Would you really want to let them out of your sight for a moment? Would you really want to waste time among other people?