|CHAPTER 13|-PART 3

Start from the beginning

I pretty much zoned out, the highest amount so far reached was one hundred thousand dollars! I internally screamed: STOP BIDDING PLEASE I JUST WANT TO SIT DOWN MY FEET HURT!

But I kept my smile on my face, despite internal conflict.

"Bid of nine thousand dollars? To bidder 31! Bid of ten thousand five hundred dollars?To bidder 32!"

Once he said that my smile wavered and I looked at Theresa helplessly, trying to say, PLEASE HELP ME! STOP THIS! AAAAAHGHHHGHGH!"

But she again gave me a thumbs up, looking back at the crowd.

"Bid of forty thousand dollars? To bidder 19! Bid of fifty thousand dollars? To bidder 14! BID OF HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS? To bidder 32! BID OF FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS? To bid 15!"

JESUS CHRIST ARE YOU THERE? PLEASE HELP! HELLLLLLLLP! Wait. This is for charity. Calm down Felicia.

"BID OF NINE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS! TO BIDDER 15!"

The man at the microphone was literally screaming at the microphone. He paused to get a handkerchief out of his pocket to wipe off sweat that was pooling his forehead. He was breathing heavily, and he was slowly trying to calm down.

"Bid of one million dollars? TO BIDDER 32!" 

I felt as if I was going to faint, the crowd erupted into cheers.

"NUMBER 21! NUMBER 21!" The ladies behind me cheered.

"Going once? Going twice? Going three times? GONE to bidder 32!" the man finished.

Everyone clapped, and the man at the microphone came to me to shake my hand.

"Thank you, so so much." He clasped my hands tightly.

I nodded my head, too speechless to even talk. He seemed to understand going to congratulate the ladies behind me.

Theresa had left my side, holding the microphone, and I stood there to shocked and speechless to move.

"Thank you everyone for a lovely evening. Please allow bidder 32 to come up to the stage to claim his prize! And everyone can return to their seats to enjoy the few minutes left of the ball! Thank you again!"

Theresa came back to me and said, "When bidder 32 comes up to the stage you guys can decide where you want to go with the all expense paid trip!"

"Oh no, that's not necessary. It's appreciated but I—well along with bidder 32 will not need it. Please use it for the charity, it will be put for better use there."

Theresa smiled happily at me, then reached out for a hug she said, "Oh darling, thank you so much. God bless you!"

"God bless you too." I replied back happily.

"I'll keep in touch, please do come again next year!" Then she went in search of the other young ladies.

I breathed out slightly in relief and desperation.

Can bidder 32 hurry up?

I caught sight of someone heading towards me, was that—no, it couldn't be Mr.Co—Hunter!

He caught my eyes, smirking lightly. He stood in front of me, and grabbed onto my hips.

"HUNTER! YOU LIT—"

He placed his finger to my lips, shushing me. "There's nothing little about me sweetheart. I was thinking after all, I did spend a million dollars on you, so the least you can do is give these people a show."

His fingers brushed my lips, all the while staring into my eyes.

"Well, you're not kissing me!" I whisper yelled.

He rolled his eyes, "I know."

Then he pulled me even closer, his hands tucking a piece of hair behind my ears.

"But I can do this."

He came even closer, our noses touching like in an eskimo kiss. Then his head dipped, his lips pressing to the corner of my lips, and he held it there for more than a few seconds.

Surprisingly I felt myself relax into his hold, and my eyes fluttered closed by the fact he almost kissed me.

When he let go, my eyes flew open to meet his own, and my stomach seemed to be like a zoo right now. I'm pretty sure I looked like a hot mess right now, but his eyes were tender? We continued staring at each other until he broke the silence.

"Let's get out of here."

I had never been so happy to hear those words come out of a person's mouth.

*

I DID IT! YOU DID IT! HURRAY!

Next update coming soon! But in the meantime you can now fantasize over Hunter and Tiara.

  😏 

-Starlight87