|CHAPTER 13|-PART 2

Double update! Double whammy! Let those fingers fly on that vote button!

*

[RECAP]:

He chuckled, "We have other people to meet before the contest, so we need to keep conversations to a brief."

I rolled my eyes, "Let's get on with it then, Hunter."

In response, he only tightened his hand around my waist.

*

"Please. Please. Pleaseeeee. Can we sit down." I complained.

Hunter gave me a sidelong dance. Then he smirked, and said, "I told you, you would be complaining soon."

His hands were connected with mine, his thumb making circles on my hand. He led me to our table, pulling my seat out for me, then pushing me up to the table, and resuming to his own seat on the other side of the table.

He gave me a long look before getting up and positioning his chair closer to mines. "So how was it?"

"Fine I guess, if it weren't for the numerous amount of people we had to meet. On top of that my feet hurt." I whined.

He jutted out his lower lip, talking like a baby, "Awww, is lwty Tiara tired," he pinched my cheeks, laughing at my expressionless face.

He reached out to grab my hand, and I stubbornly rejected it. I stuck my tongue out at him, and he chuckled again.

Finally resisting, he grabbed my hand, pressing a chaste kiss to it. His eyes raised up to mine, and I immediately sucked in my breath. Holding his gaze before looking away.

"Hey, didn't you say your parents would come?" I asked.

"They couldn't come. Ran into some emergency business meeting." he said.

I nodded. We fell into comfortable silence, before he asked, "Do you want anything to eat or drink?"

"I surveyed the table with the assortments of foods and drinks, "I'll take some brownies."

"Okay, I'll be back." he said. I nodded, untangling my hand from his. I watched him go, heading to the semi long line of people. 

Groaning, I relaxed back into my chair, my feet aching.

I heard my phone buzz, out of my small clutch I had carried with me. I took it out, expecting to see a message from Maddy, but instead I had 1 new message from Hunter.

I looked up, his eyes already on me

I looked up, his eyes already on me. I smiled, my eyes returning onto my phone. I bit my lip, thinking of a response.

I settled with this:

I looked over at him, biting my lip again, waiting for his reaction

I looked over at him, biting my lip again, waiting for his reaction. Hunter put his hands into his pockets, slowly turning to me. His head tilted as if in thought, but he continued to stare at me.

Moments like these really make me wonder if he took acting classes when he was in school.

I put my phone away, breaking the eye contact. My attention soon turned onto a stage where several ladies were discussing something, until one of them came up to the microphone.

"Ahem." The lady tapped on the microphone, "May I have everyone's attention?"

The small chatter around me stopped, with a few whispers here and there. The lady continued, "Thank you for coming to the Charity Ball. I hope it was up to your expectations and I also hope you had fun."

In response, the crowd clapped, and slowly came to and end as the lady raised her hand, probably to convey she still wanted to speak.

"As many of you all know, the main event of this Charity Ball, is where all the ladies in the room, come up onto the stage and there would be a placing of bets. Which we call Charity Auction."

A murmur broke out, and the lady raised her voice. "The highest bidder will then get to spend the day with the lady you placed your bet on."

Another murmur broke out, and again the lady continued speaking over their voices, "They will also get an all expense paid trip to anyplace of their choice.

"Keep in mind, everybody is a winner! Just that the ladies who have the highest bets will all be placed together, until it comes down to who has the highest bet, then the lady and the bidder will be awarded with the prize. Also remember to just have fun! Thank you."

After she finished, the was some clapping, and others chattering. During the time the lady was speaking, Hunter had already came back with some brownies and two water bottles.

"Hey. Hands off my brownies. And why didn't you tell me about the bidding thing." I whined. 

"First of all, I got the brownies for you. Second, it wasn't really important." he replied.

I took a brownie placing a hand under my chin as I ate. All the while, Hunter watched me, his bluish-greenish eyes placing a trance on me. 

I reached for another brownie, only to see there was no brownies on the plate.

"You finished it all!" I said accusingly.

He bit into the brownie he was holding. Smiling lightly at me he held the part he didn't eat out to me, extending his hand to rest under my chin.

I happily bit into it, savoring the taste, I closed my eyes. When I opened them again, Hunter was staring at me quite intensely.

I immediately felt blood rush to my cheeks at his stare, but then my attention was broken by his hand caressing my chin softly. I grabbed the brownie out of his hand, and said, "Let me feed you."

He was surprised at first, but then a small smirk began to form, and he leaned forward as I brought the brownie to his mouth.

"Open." I said, and once he did I placed it inside his mouth, watching him chew it rather noisily.

"Mmmm." he said closing his eyes.

He opened them again, smirking at me. I only raised my eyebrows in confusion.

I leaned back into my chair, feeling a little tired, my head lolled to the side. I had my eyes closed and my arms crossed in front of my body.

"Wake me up when they call for us to go onstage." I said, already falling asleep.

Just a quick nap.

I heard a chair scoot forward before warm hands enveloped my waist, and pulling me towards them.

My eyes snapped open, only to find myself snuggled tightly to Hunter's chest, while I practically sat in his lap.

"What are you doing?!" I whisper yelled.

"Playing the boyfriend role." he simply responded.

I didn't complain, simply allowing my eyes to shut so I can return back to my nap.

The next thing I knew, Hunter was shaking me awake.

It was time for the Charity Auction.

*

PART 3 UNDERWAY!! WHO KNOWS COULD BE A TRIPLE UPDATE!

IF YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER PLEASE BE SURE TO VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE! 

-Starlight87