|CHAPTER 13|-PART 3

AAAAAH TRIPLE UPDATE! TRIPLE WHAMMY! CAN I GET A HOI YEAH!

...😏 

HOI YEAH! 

HIT THAT ORANGE STAR BUTTON PEEPS AND I'LL BE SURE TO UPDATE MORE OFTEN LIKE THIS!

*

[RECAP]:

"What are you doing?!" I whisper yelled.

"Playing the boyfriend role." he simply responded.

I didn't complain, simply allowing my eyes to shut so I can return back to my nap.

The next thing I knew, Hunter was shaking me awake.

It was time for the Charity Auction.

*

"Good luck." he said, pushing me away from him.

Rood much?

"Whatever," I said untangling the rest of my body from him, "Don't miss me too much."

He smirked, waving me off, then stood up heading towards the food and drink table.

"I'll be sure to eat a lot of brownies when you leave." With a wink, he was gone, and I along with other ladies headed towards the stage.

"Welcome, Welcome," the lady said as we reached the stage, "My name is Theresa Hartford, and thank you for coming out tonight for this charity ball. I will be cheering you on, so there's no need to be nervous! You're all beautiful."

"Now, line up, there's no order, the first person will come in front of everyone, then when the bidders are finished you resume to the end of the line. And so on."

So we lined up, almost shoulder to shoulder, then she gave us all a thumbs up and we started.

"Number 1." Theresa called.

Number 1 stepped forward giving a small wave to the audience.

Another person held the microphone, already shouting numbers. I looked out onto the crowd to see they had bidding paddles. I couldn't see where Hunter was, everyone was standing, effectively blocking the view of our table.

"Do I get a one thousand? Yes! one thousand to bidder 61. Anyone bidding one thousand five hundred? To bidder 32! Bid of two thousand. To bidder 61! Bid of three thousand five hundred? To bidder 25! Bidder four thousand? To bidder 61. Bid of four thousand five hundred? Going once, going twice! Going three times! Gone to bidder 61!

Number 1 resumed to the end of the line, and the process continued. It was long, especially since I was number 21 out of...well 21.

Next thing you know I was called up.

Please, Please Oh lord don't let them bid too much money on me. I don't want to win and simply want to live peacefully with a hundred dogs or cats—preferably dogs—until I die.

Amen.

I hesitantly walked up to Theresa, sending her a shy smile. Then waved slightly to the crowd. She probably noticed my hesitation because she leaned in and whispered, "Don't worry. I have a good feeling about you. They are sure to bid high."

My eyes widened on their own accord as I registered her words.

Bid high? NOOOOOOOOOOO.

She flashed me a thumbs up and the man at the microphone started.

"Do I get a one thousand? To bidder 32! Bid of one thousand five hundred? To bidder 19! Bid of two thousand! To bidder 14! Bid of three thousand? To bidder 32! Bid of four thousand! To bidder 10! Bid of—"