chapter 8

when i looked up at harry my stomach dropped. he was already chatting up some girl.

why was this hurting so much? i hated how much this bothered me, its not like we were together were we?

Harry's eyes met mine and i instantly looked away hoping that he didn't catch me staring at him. i continued to talk with Niall, watching harry through the corner of my eye. i could feel him watching me. what was his problem?

Harry started to walk over to where Niall and i were standing.

"hi." he said awkwardly.

"I'm going to go find the bathroom" Niall stated leaving me with harry.

"hi." I said not knowing what else to say.

"Scarlet I-"

"don't worry about it Harry its fine. i get it." i cut him off not wanting to hear what he has to say. i turned around and walked away leaving Harry by himself.

"Scarlet, Wait!" i heard Harry calling as i walked out of the complex. it was raining outside and freezing.

"Scarlet!" Harry called once again but this time he had caught up to me and grabbed my arm pulling me around to face him.

"what do you want Harry?"

"I...I don't know"

"Scarlet, I'm sorry i never called"

"oh you're sorry?" i asked sarcastically.

he didn't answer.

"well why didn't you?"

"I don't know Scarlet. i wanted to but i was worried."

"what were you worried about?" Harry and i were standing out in the rain practically yelling at each other as we were standing so far a part.

"I don't want you to get hurt"

"well its a bit late for that Harry." i started to walk away but harry chased after me.

"you wouldn't be able to handle it Scarlet!"

"handle what Harry?!"

"My lifestyle!" this shocked me. i hadn't thought about it until now, about how his lifestyle would impact me or how it would impact us, if there was ever a 'us'.

"I'm hardly going to be around scarlet, people are always going to be trying to get photos of you, some fans will abuse you. i don't want that for you. i didn't call because i thought the time a part would make me forget about you and i hoped that you would forget about me because i don't want you to get hurt Scarlet."

"I should get to decide on that myself Harry! who are you to tell me that i wouldn't be able to handle it? look, maybe you're right but you don't know that for sure."

Harry and i stood in silence for what seemed like forever. both of us were thinking about what was said.

"can we finish this back at my room? its cold out here." harry nodded and we began to walk back to my dorm.

when we got inside i walked to the bathroom to get harry and i a towel to dry off.

"look, Scarlet, i really like you-" i rolled my eyes at harry and went to sit down on my bed throwing my heels into my closet on my way.

"-Which is why i don't want you to get hurt. I'm not a good person to get into a relationship with".

i sat in silence. i didn't know what to say. i was gutted but he was right, getting close to harry could only end in heartbreak.

"scarlet, I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too Harry."

"we are going to see each other a lot though, you know because of El and Louis. and because you are also friends with Niall."

"yeah i know"

"is that going to be okay?" harry asked. i was unsure of the answer however i didn't want to stop seeing Harry, even if it was just as friends.

"yeah, its fine" i smiled up at harry to ensure him that it was okay.

harry put his arms around me one last time and left me in my dorm feeling sorry for myself.