Jeff sighed "well, Scott was supposed to be here."

She sat up "wait." Jeff grabbed her arm "I just wanted you guys to talk."

"He doesn't want me jeff."

Jeff was quite "do you do drugs?"

Mona was shocked before she laughed "no!" She slapped his arm "why would you ask me that?"

"Because!" He yelled "it's so clear he's like, in love you you."

Mona shook her head "he's not."

"Why do you keep saying that?"

"Maybe because I'm to hard to love!" She yelled standing up "why do you think Ryder cheated? It was an easy out!" She cried.

"Mona." He stood up and tried to grab her.

"No." She pushed his hands away "Jeff, Scott doesn't love me. Just give it up."

Scott stood at the door with an open mouth. Jeff looked up and saw him, a breath of relief escaping his lips. He took her arms and turned her around.

"Scotty." She whispered.

He smiled, finally. "Mo."

Everyone was quite for what felt like forever. "I need to go." Mona whispered, grabbing her bag.

"No, wait!" Scott blocked her path "please, just talk to me."

Mona turned and looked at Jeff, where he nodded his head "I'll let you guys talk." He went to walk behind them "no baby making on my bed." He said before closing the door.

Mona blushed while Scott scratches the back of his head "idiot." She muttered.

Scotty laughed "he is."

"Why do you keep pushing me away?"

She looked at him before she spoke "you have to learn to distance yourself."

"From what?"

"From getting to attached." She turned and looked at the door "when you're not ready to be broken into millions of tiny pieces again."

Scott stares at her "I'm attached." Her head quickly turns to him "I'd pick up every single piece, Mo."

He cups her face "I'm a little different now because of you."

She leaned into his touch and he smiled "how come it always comes back to you?"

He smirked "maybe it's just meant to be."

She smiled before she let out a laugh "Maybe."

"Don't leave me in the dark anymore, Mo." He leaned forward and kissed her nose, taking her by surprise "I need you too."

"For some reason," she leaned her head on his chest "I need you too."

•|•

"So." Mona jumped when she heard the voice of Jeff.

"Don't do that."

"We have a problem."

"We?" She questions.

He nodded his head "We." He looked around for clay before he continued "we need to get Hannah and clay together at the dance."

She was confused "what dance?"

He looked at her strange and gestures his hands to the school, where posters supporting the dance took up the spaces on the wall.

She blushed "sorry, I've had a lot of things on my mind."

He smirked "do those things consist on Scott Reed?"

"No."

"I think-"

"Hey guys!" Scott yelled as he got closer to the two, wrapping an arm around Mona waist.

"Hey Scotty."

"Hey things."

Scott looked at him weird and Mona's eyes widen "jeff!"

"So" Scott goes to avoid the weird best friends "What were you guys talking about."

"The dance."

Scott blushed, he still hasn't asked Mona yet and time was running out.

"You two are going together right?" Jeff waved a finger between the two.

"Oh! I-uhh" damn! Mona had no idea what to say.

"Of course." Scott squeezes her side "I wouldn't go with anyone else."

"Great!" He looked at Mona "you talk Hannah into coming and I'll deal with clay."

"But-"

"No buts!" He shouted and ran off "Scott! We have practice!"

"Smooth." Mona smiled and turned towards him.

"What?"

"The dance, I would've said yes either way." She smiled, pushing some hair behind her ear.

He chuckled "I guess you have a date to plan and I have a practice to get to."

"I guess so."

He kissed her head "good luck." He says before running off.

"I'll need it." She mumbled, turning to

•|•

"You can't make me go!" Hannahb whined before she crashed onto Mona's bed.

"Please!" She begged, "it'll be fun!"

She went and took a seat next to her "plus, Clay will be there."

Hannah opened her eyes "I don't like him!"

"Hannah, I don't believe you."

"Well you should."

She laughed "I'm ordering pizza." Mona got up and went to grab her phone.

"Yes." Hannah whispered, thinking Mona forgot about clay and she gets free pizza.

"But," she picked up her phone "you're going, end of story."

////
I don't know if I like this chapter but..
They get to go to the dance 😭
We hit 1k 🎉