0.5

Love on the brain- Rihanna

They weren't lying

"What's up with you and Jessica?" Mona asked, looking around the empty theater

"What's up with you and Jessica?" Mona asked, looking around the empty theater. Mona decided what better way to spend her Friday night then to watch Hannah work.

"To be honest, I don't even know."

"Want to know what I think?" Before Hannah could answer, she continued "I think they're dating."

"Dating?" Hannah laughed there's no way; jess would of told Hannah, and Alex definitely would of told Mona.

"Don't believe me?"

"Not really, Mo." she wiped off the counter "Alex totally would of told you; and then you would of told me." She laughed.

Mona saw her point, Alex tells her everything. She scans the lobby "yeah, I guess you're-" wrong, you're definitely wrong.

"I knew it!" She hissed "Hannah look!" She nodded her head towards the entrance, there Alex and Jess were handing the guy their ticket stubs, holding hands.

Jessica laughs at something Alex's says before her eyes locked with Mona, a shocked expression on her face. "Shit, Alex!"

"What?"

"They're here."

Alex turned to the snack bar and saw their best friends. "Damn it." Guilt started to eat at his stomach, he's told Mona everything, why not this?

"Let's just go to our seats."

"Did I see what I think I did?" Hannah asked, frozen in place.

"Yup." Mona stuffed her face with some popcorn.

"I just don't understand." Hannah admitted, and she really didn't. "Why would they tell us?"

"Who knows?"

About ten minutes later Alex came up to the stand, stopping next to Mona who was leaning against the glass. "One popcorn, please."

Hannah nodded, turning to get him the iconic movie snack. "So you and Jess?" Hannah asked, pouring butter over the popcorn.

"Why do you care?"

"Well, we're friends and-"

"Just stay out of it Hannah!"

"Hey!" Mona stood up straight "you need to calm down, it was just a question."

"Whatever." Alex turned and left, filling jess in on what happened, lying as he did so.