0.4

Tangled up- Parade of lights

Lookin' good, Hastings

Mona repeatedly tapped her nails on her desk, counting down the seconds until lunch

She ignored her beeping phone that indicated a text, a text the rest of the class seemed to get.

She was torn from her gaze when she heard the immature giggles; looking around the room, she saw the kids pointing at their phone screens and laughing.

What is wrong with them? She picked up her phone, wishing she never did.

On her phone, was clearly an out-of-context taken picture of Hannah coming down the slide. When she looked at who sent her the message, she saw red.

She prayed for Justin's sake that he wasn't the one who actually sent the picture. Mona grew pretty close to Justin over the years, the kid had a really good heart. But, he was friends with assholes, who overshadowed that.

"Don't you have something better to do?" She hissed at her classmates.

They all quietly sat down, not knowing what to do. They've never seen Mona like this before.

Her glare was more intense now as she looked at the clock, daring it to slow down.

When the bell rang, she had two things on her mind. One, find Justin. Two, find Hannah.

She barged in the cafeteria, being greeted with your cliche American movie scene. 'Geeks' at one table, 'freaks' at another, 'jocks' at one, you get the picture. Pathetic.

As she made her way towards the table that held the idiot boys of liberty high, she caught most of their attentions. Especially Scott Reed.

Marcus whistles when she gets close to the table.

"Lookin' good, Hastings." Bryce smirked, tapping Monty's arm.

"Like I need you to tell me that." She snapped, she had no times for their childish games.

Bryce along with most of the other boys, stared shocked.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" She asked Justin, shoving her phone in his face.

"Mo." He begged, pushing her hand away "you have to understand."

"Oh I understand." She nodded her head. "I understand that you're a complete asshole."

She didn't understand why she sticks up for Hannah Baker. But, she was glad she did, the girl seemed like she needed a true friend.