• chapter eighteen ;

It was intensely noiseless.

Wonwoo was in one of the cubicles in the library; in front of him is a book about the deceitful school, his eyes focused on it. It was so dead silent since Wonwoo was the only one inside the library as the librarian was out again and the male thought she must be on a late night school staffs and teachers meeting assemble.

It was totally soundless, too soundless that all Wonwoo could hear was the air conditioner hushing. As his eyes scanned through the pages of the book, he heard a croaky voice not far from him.

"H-Help. . ." said the voice, snapping Wonwoo out of his train of thoughts. He tilted his head to see the owner of the voice, but when he did, —he was about to, literally— a weak hand caressed his leg from his left as if it was the owner of the almost inaudible voice being almost at the verge of death and barely had hopes of surviving, breathing heavily to the point Wonwoo felt its shaky breath.

Wonwoo flinched at the sudden touch but calmed himself after. He finally turned to see who it was, jaw dropping as soon as he recognized who it was.

"T-Tae—"

"Wonwoo," the other male groggily whispered, afraid to lose his voice in any second. "Y-You can take me to the clinic, but it's okay if you don't want to. I just want the kids to know—"

"I'm doing it."

. . .

The book Wonwoo was reading awhile ago had been abandoned in the library, and Wonwoo thinks its pages are flipping on itself at the moment as the strong cold air coming from the nearest air conditioner slaps it minute by minute.

Wonwoo had difficulty carrying Taeyong all the way from the library to the clinic, which were stairs and a hallway apart. Taeyong passed out in the middle of the hallway while he was being carried, his head slowly falling and leaning onto Wonwoo's shoulder adding up to the weight. Fortunately for him, the older male had gotten off his body as soon as the nurse came to them and made him lie on a bed before going inside with the unconscious boy to take care of his serious injury. Meanwhile, Wonwoo was left alone by the couch near the door.

What Wonwoo seemed to only thank about in the moment was how literally none of Taeyong's blood sprawled on the floor even when all of it spilt on his white shirt. The only way Wonwoo could think to possibly wash it off was use one of Mingyu's special laundry techniques.

Speaking of which, the sight of Taeyong's bloody appearance to Wonwoo back in the library haunted him so much and worse, it seemed to be engraved to his brain and stay there forever—after all, Wonwoo has a strong long-term memory.

Wonwoo can still remember what Taeyong had said to him back in the library, and he was sure who were the 'kids' he was referring to. He certainly knew at least one of them and encountered him in Chinese class—Zhong Chenle.

The door swung open and came in was another person Wonwoo was familiar with. His appearance was similar to Taeyong's gory one but he had fewer wounds with more blood stains on his clothes.

"Hey," the male called onto Wonwoo, the latter tilting his head to look at him.

"Is Taeyong already here?" The man questioned to which Wonwoo quickly nodded. He sat down beside him, wincing at the sudden stingy pain on his side stomach. Wonwoo just eyed him, orbs hinting pity.

"Hey, are you okay? I'll call on the nurse to treat you too." Wonwoo stated, feeling so sorry for the other. "Jaehyun, I don't really think you're okay, but you walked all the way here from somewhere so I was wondering how you were able to withstand such a loaded pain."