• chapter twelve ;

Soonyoung and Jihoon were walking on the hallways, Soonyoung currently heading to his dance class. Jihoon had no classes this morning so he thought he could 'drop' Soonyoung on his first class and will spend time on the library after.

"Don't you think it's sad that only 10 people are coming to Jeon Jungkook's funeral?" Soonyoung randomly asked.

(You can guess those 10 people. :P)

Jihoon glanced at him. "10 people is quite a lot. Besides, everyone else had to attend classes, even Wonwoo, the only relative."

Soonyoung squinted. "What about you, Jihoon?"

Jihoon shrugged. "I'm going to study and spend time in the library. I have three practical tests tomorrow, one in Statistics, the other in Social Studies, and another in World History." He sighed. "Being a student is really hard. And also, talking about only 10 people coming to a funeral, I doubt anyone would even go to my funeral."

Soonyoung glared at him. "Well, I'm guessing there will be 25 people or more than that will go so."

Jihoon raised an eyebrow. "And who could those be?"

"One of them is me of course. And, the eleven other boys, I'm sure they'll come, you've been a really productive friend. And the girls too, you know there are ten of them. Now that's 22 people. And what about your cousin? I think I forgot his name—was it Yoongi? And also, those two buddies you're close with in your Music class, I've seen you talk to them as if you three are close as I pass by your classroom during Thursdays with Wonwoo as we head to our Astronomy class together. I think Woo Jiho and Park Chanyeol were their names as what I heard from Wonwoo." Jihoon had to admit it, he knows Soonyoung a lot since they have known each other for so long, and he knows well Soonyoung is always a forgettable person who has short memory—that's why he always fail surprise quizzes and luckily manages to pass exams anyway.

Jihoon sighed. "Oh good Lord, Soonyoung. Well, you all may at least go to my funeral but Yoongi hyung? He'll just be on his own recording studio composing songs like the usual like it's everybody's typical daily life. Maybe he'll even compose a song for me—which might as well lead him to composing a song for the dead. Perhaps an inspirational song."

Soonyoung laughed shortly before turning serious quick. "Why are we talking about this as if you're going to die soon? Let's cut this out."

"Sure." Jihoon hummed. "By the way, Soonyoung, about the acquaintance party next week—oh, were here on your dance class' classroom already. Room 144, right?" He stopped walking and so did Soonyoung.

Soonyoung nodded, opening the door, all eyes suddenly on him, including the teacher's.

"Good morning, Mr. Kwon. Be thankful there's no knife to slice off your head just because of tardiness. Be thankful I'm sparing you only because you're in charge of the choreographies for the upcoming acquaintance party."

Jihoon, who was just behind Soonyoung, poked himself out for the teacher to see him. "Excuse me. Soonyoung was late? He was just in time." He pointed out to the wall clock inside the classroom when in fact, he and Soonyoung were still outside the classroom.

"We were supposed to start five minutes earlier, I modified the time for them for today." The professor answered. "And you, Mr. Lee, you're not supposed to stick your nose into other people's business. Now, if you would let me borrow your boyfriend for an hour and a half."

The class broke into laughter. Soonyoung didn't flinch or move and kept on his blank face, entering the classroom. Jihoon held back himself from wanting to hit someone with the nearest desk he sees inside the classroom. Soonyoung looked at Jihoon with a small sad smile, before slowly slamming the classroom door. Jihoon just stood there.