Prologue: Betrayal, Where it all Begins

Start from the beginning

Ash looked at the direction that Arceus was pointing at and was shocked. There he saw Legendary Pokemon who he befriended on his journey. Mewtwo from Mt. Quena, Lugia, Latias, Mew, Groudon, Kyogre, Manaphy, Shaymin, Giratina, Azelf, Victini, Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyruem, Meloetta, Keldeo, Genesect, Hoopa, Shiny Rayquaza, and Volcanion.

"Woah," Said Brock in shock

Ash had recovered from the shock and smirked and said to Arceus, "Can I see Mew for a while? I need her help"

'I don't see why not.'

Ash smirked and yelled out, "Mew! Teleport me to Vermillion City!"

Ash and Mew had teleported out, while the others stayed exploring the Hall of Origin

~At Vermillion City~

Ash and Mew had reappeared at Vermillion as Ash walked up to the Police Station, walking inside to see Officer Jenny barking out orders. 

"Uh, Officer Jenny? Can I talk to you for a sec?" Ash asked the frustrated officer

"Hm? Oh, Ash! I'm guessing you're here for Squirtle?"

"Yes, I was actually wondering if he could stay with me for a couple of years."

"Hold on, let me get him and his Pokeball."

Officer Jenny left the room, then returned moments later with Squirtle happy to see his trainer

'Ash! How's it been!'

"It's been good Squirtle! How would you like to rejoin me on my journey?" Asked Ash

Squirtle took a while to think, he then responded, 'Sure thing, The Squad has been training for years now, so they should be fine without me.' 

Ash returned Squirtle to his Pokeball, he thanked Officer Jenny and the Squirtle Squad and left the Police Station leaving Jenny to carry on barking orders.

Mew had reappeared in front of Ash and Pikachu and said, 'Where to next?'

"Saffron City Gym." He said.

~At Saffron City Gym~

Ash had entered the gym just to be greeted by Sabrina

"It's been a while, Ash."

Ash turned around to see Sabrina and breathed out. 

"Sabrina, good to see you!" Greeted Ash

"It's nice to see you again as well Ash. If I'm correct, you want Haunter to join you on your quest, right?" Asked Sabrina

"U-uh, yeah. How'd you know?" Asked Ash

"Pretty obvious since you came here of all places." Stated Sabrina

Seconds after, a Pokemon appeared right before Ash and Sabrina, but not a Haunter.

"Well, if it isn't my old buddy Ash!" 

"Haunter? You evolved!" 

"Yep, he evolved during an assault from Team Rocket 2 years ago."

"So Gengar, how would you like to join me on my journey?"

'Don't see why not.' Gengar answered

Sabrina sighed as she said, "Can't stop you so, good luck on your journey, both of you."

'You too Sabrina.' Gengar replied.

Ash smiled as he faced Gengar and threw a Pokeball at him.

The Pokeball had enveloped Gengar by a red light sucking him in the ball. The ball landed on the floor of the gym shaking once, twice, and finally stopping and dinging signifying his capture.