Ch.20 : Date

Dakota's p.o.v.

All of us stepped into the elevator and I hit the 15th floor button. "Where are we going?" Vincent asked. "My condo" I said and looked at the arm around my waist. The elevator dung and we stepped out once the door opened. I lead them to the living room and the guys sat down in the couch.

"What was that about?" Vincent finally asked. "A hug. He was upset and he needed it" I said and looked at him. My answer didn't seem to satisfy him. I knew a hug like that wasn't normal in anyone's eyes. "If someone would have shot Irina. How would you feel?" I asked.

Both Vincent and Alexei grumbled at my question. Irina had taken their mothers place when she passed away. She practically was their mother.

Over the months that I've been under Vincent's roof I had come to notice how much him and the guys loved that women. They respected her. Just like Alessandro and his men loved and respected Sofia.

"I know I have no right to speak because I'm not part of the Brava yet. But you need to stand up to your father" I whispered and looked at Vincent. Alexei looked at me saddened and I noticed Xander and Ugo get up and leave.

I guess that was a sore topic or a common one between them. "I'll have you initiated in two days. Alexei please go and set everything out. I'll meet you at the house to talk about it later" Vincent said and Alexei stood up to leave.

I hugged him before he left and then sat next to Vincent. "Do you want to talk?" I asked. He shook his head and pulled me in so I was on his lap. We stayed like that for a while.

His face near my neck and me passing my fingers through his hair. "Will you ever tell me?" I asked. He nodded at my question.

"I met Sofia. She was a good person. Still is a good person." I whispered and felt him stiff up. "Alessandro and I might have know each other for a bit before everything went down. But during that time I met her. She welcomed me. Treated me well. That's why I cried. I'm sorry of the way I reacted" I said and looked at Vincent.

His blue eyes met mine and he pulled me in for a kiss. The kiss was soft and it sent me into overdrive. My heart flipped with happiness. "Would you like to go on a date?" Vincent asked. "Are You serious?" I exclaimed and he nodded. I smiled at him and stood up from his lap.

He stood up as well and we headed to the elevator. "What time is it?" Vincent asked as the elevator went down. "Almost 4'' I replied. The elevator door opened and we stepped out. I said bye to the receptionist and followed Vincent to the car.

"Is that Alexei?" I asked as I closed the door. I looked over at the boy smiling at the girl. Both seeming extremely happy with each other. Vincent smiled and chuckled. "That's Giovani. She's a model for my line" I said and awed at that. I was definitely talking to him about that.

"Where are we going?" I asked as Vincent began to drive. "Somewhere" he said and I looked out the window. The scenery stayed the same. Until we exited the city.

The drive was nice. Vincent had an interesting taste in music. He listened to soft r&b but in the mix of it was music from unknown artist and your classic music like fly me to the moon.

We finally arrived to our destination and Vincent opened the door for me once we parked. "Where are we?" I asked. "Have You ever raced?" He asked. "No". I let out a small laugh as he twirled me and lead me to a building. I had when I was with Alessandro, Although I wouldn't consider it racing since I had to shoot target.

"Hey Steve. Can I have two cars and suits" Vincent said to a man, guess by the way he addressed him he probably came here often. He nodded and handed Vincent two suits. "Go dress". I headed to a room and dressed in the suit I was given.

As I came out I noticed Vincent wasn't there nor the man. I walked to a door and opened it to see a stadium like area with a two racing cars parked in what seemed to be the racing track.

"Do you like it?" Vincent asked as he appeared in front of me. "They're pretty cars. But why are we here?" I asked. "to race" he said and gave me a set of keys. "You serious?" I asked and he smiled.

"Come one". I followed after him and got in one of the cars. I turned the car on and pulled my window down as the man from the room handed me a helmet and told me how to work the car. A women appeared in the middle of the track and waved a flag.

As soon as the flag was dragged down to meet the pavement Vincent's car sped off. I laughed and stepped on the accelerator. Adrenaline pumped into me as the car picked up speed.

I involuntarily giggled as I felt gravity play its part and got slammed slightly into my seat once I made a turn around the track. This car was much faster then the one I had learned to drive quickly in.

I was ahead of Vincent. I don't know how that happened but my body filled with glee at that. I passed the finish line and came to a stop as soon as the car reached the speed of 20.

Vincent met me and we got out together. "That was awesome" I said and hugged him. "Yes it was" he said and smiled down at me.

"Come we should get going" he said and I nodded. We headed back to the office building and gave Steve the car keys and suits once we finished dressing.

The drive back home was silent and I smiled as Vincent took hold of my hand. "Thank you" I finally said once we parked outside of the estate.

He smiled at me and kissed my hand. We got out of the car and headed inside. Dinner was filled with buzz. As I talked to Alexei about my date and teased him about Giovani.

The men talked about random things. Ugo and Xander chuckled and I looked at them in amusement. That was the first time I heard them chuckle.

They smiled at me and I looked at Vincent to see him showing the video of the race on his phone. Omg. He has the video. He smiled at me and I grinned at that.

The guys teased him about his loss and he laughed. His laugh made me get goosebumps and I felt my heart tug every time his eyes squinted up at one of the man's teases.

What am I going to do?