Chapter Forty Eight - Basking In Love

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whenever I'm alone with you,
You make me feel like I am home again
Whenever I'm alone with you,
You make me feel like I am whole again
Whenever I'm alone with you,
You make me feel like I am young again
Whenever I'm alone with you,
You make me feel like I am fun again

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watched Ophelia storm out of my room. There was only one question on my mind.

How would Belinda react to this?

Even if I told Belinda the honest truth, that I pushed Ophelia away when she kissed me, would she think I was lying? Would she make up a crazy assumption like she used to do? God, I hoped not. I hadn't been able to be with her in a month. It was driving me crazy. I just needed to have her by my side tonight and tomorrow night.

I wasn't going to not tell her, though. If I didn't tell her tonight and told her into the future she would be beyond pissed at me. I had to tell her tonight, no matter what her outcome. I had to be truthful with her. That was our promise; no secrets. We confided in each other.

Hours later, I pulled on my cloak and slipped out of my room. Half an hour later, I arrived at Belinda's bedroom door. I opened her door and slipped out of my cloak. I turned around to shut the door and hung my cloak on the door handle.

When I turned around I came face to face with a smiling Belinda. Her arms wrapped around my neck. I should tell her, I thought. She reached up and our lips connected. I kissed her back desperately. It was selfish of me to get at least one kiss from her before I told her what happened. I pulled back and held her face in my hands. Her brown hair was free and it tumbled down to her waist.

"I have to tell you something." A worried and curious expression etched on her face. "Ophelia stopped by my room today to tell me that she has broken away from Sue and that she planned to win. She got second place. Then,...then she kissed me. It took me a moment to realize what she was doing and then I pushed her away. I promise you that this is the truth, Belinda." I begged her with my eyes to believe me. What she said next shocked me.

"I know." She smiled brightly up at me and I gave her a confused look. "I came by your room to talk to you, but noticed that your door was slightly open. I watched everything that happened between you and Ophelia. I watched you push her away. I knew that you would never do something like that to me." Her arms tightened around my neck and her fingers gripped onto my hair, bringing my head closer to hers. "I think this is the part were you kiss me happily," Belinda teased.

"You don't want to know Ophelia's score?" I asked, a little breathless from our close proximity. Belinda bit her lip and nodded her head. "She got 45 out of 50 correct."

"What was Sue's score?" Belinda asked.

"She got 43 out of 50 correct." Belinda's head dropped on my chest and I heard her sigh. I rested my chin on her head and ran my fingers through her hair. It felt nice to be this close to her.

Belinda's room was dimly lit, casting a soft, romantic glow upon everything. The curtains on her bed were pulled back invitingly. She intended to not even talk about any of this tonight. I felt like such a jerk for bringing the subject up. There seemed to be a storm cloud above our heads, daring to start pouring down rain. I kissed her head and let my hands slide down her body, to rest on her hips. I pulled away and bent down to be at eye level with Belinda. "I'm sorry I brought it up. I should've known that you wouldn't want to talk about it."