Chapter Seventy Four - Careful What You Wish For

Chapter Seventy Four – Careful What You Wish For

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know what I've done
Or if I like what I've begun
But something told me to run
And honey you know me it's all or none

There were sounds in my head
Little voices whispering
That I should go and this should end
Oh and I found myself listening

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't mean to do it. I simply meant to give him a little scratch. I didn't mean to kill him. I know that I was mad at him and that I said I would kill him, but I didn't actually mean it. He may not have been the father I wanted him to be, but I didn't want to kill him. I never meant to do it.

My door opened and I looked up to see Belinda walking in. My eyes grew wide and I flew off my bed to quickly shut the door. "Belinda what are you doing?" I placed my hands on her shoulders.

She furrowed her eyebrows and asked, "What do you mean?"

"I mean you aren't wearing your wig."

"Everyone knows who I am now, remember?" I looked down at the floor with sorrow. "Andrew, are you okay?"

"No," I croaked.

She cupped my face in her hands and brought it up so that I'd look at her. "You didn't mean to. I know you didn't."

I sighed and wrapped my arms around her to hug her tight. "I remember thinking that morning that everything was his fault and that he deserved to die, but I never wanted to be the one to do that. I'm not upset about him dying. I'm just – I feel like I'm turning into him after all. I'm a murderer."

She pulled away from me slightly so that she could look at me. "You're nothing like him. You care about what happened. If you were like him then you wouldn't feel bad about what happened."

I kept one arm around her while the other came up to twirl her hair between my fingers. It was up in a bun, but a few pieces of hair were hanging around her face. "I remember wishing that you wouldn't have to wear the wig anymore, too, but I never wanted it to happen the way it did. I was so scared for you. All I could think about was protecting you." I tilted her head up and kissed her lightly on the lips. "You look beautiful."

"Really? I feel a little out of place. I don't fit in."

"Which is exactly why I love you." I smiled down at her and noticed the bandage on her arm. "How is your arm feeling? How bad was the cut?"

"It's okay, throbbing a little, but that's expected. It was deep enough to bleed quite a bit, but nothing too serious. It should be scabbed over soon and then I'll just have to wait for the scab to fall away on its own."

"Good. Thank you for protecting me. I just wish I could've protected you a little better."

"I'd rather have a cut on my arm than to have you taken away from me for good."

"I know, me too, but still. You know what I mean." I paused and said, "Did anything important happen last night?"

"They caught The Shadows that killed Daniel. They're locked away. They'll be executed tomorrow. They put it off because of the king's funeral. Speaking of, Queen Carlotta wants to talk to all of us before we go."