Chapter 7

" It's getting late we should get to bed," Tam said looking out at the dark sky. " I agree with Bang Boy," Keefe said with a yawn. So everyone went to their separate rooms and went to bed. The next day they played base quest until noon and everyone went home. After Sophie went home she got a call from Alden on her imparter. " Sophie I need you to come to Everglan now," Alden said in a serious voice. So Sophie quickly ran up to the leapmaster and leaped to Everglan. " What is it," Sophie asked as Fitz walked into Alden's office. " Sit down," Alden said motioning to two large armchairs. " You and Fitz are the most powerful cognates in our world and you two are capable of many things. This can be good but it can also be bad" Alden told them. " What wrong then," Fitz asked. " The problem is that many people are out for you and want you on their side. Meaning you two are in grave danger" Alden said with a frown. ' What does that mean for us" Sophie asked trying to hide the concern in her voice. " Well it means that you two need to go into hiding and spend your days practicing your cognate training," Alden said with sadness in his eyes. " Why are you talking about this now," Fitz said looking confused " Yeah, did something happen recently?" Alden sighed and said, " Yes, I was walking around Everglan and I heard Ruy talking to someone on his imparter saying that you an Fitz are the most powerful and that they are planning to raid Havenfield and before you ask Sophie, we have already stationed goblin bodyguards to protect Grady and Edaline." " Will you two go and hide?" Alden asked. Sophie and Fitz took a deep breath and at the same time they said "Yes".