Chapter 30

Sophie explained the whole story including what had happened after Biana, Fitz, and Keefe escaped. "Do you know why they didn't try to capture Dex, Linh, or Tam?" Biana asked. "I don't know. Do you guys have any ideas?" Sophie asked her fellow friends. "Well, maybe they didn't get us because we may not mean as much to you," Tam suggested.  "You guys mean so much to me!" Sophie said trying to hide the hurt in her voice. "We know you do but they don't," Linh said calming Sophie down."Do you have any ideas Dex?" Fitz asked. "Well, um... um... WAIT I remember. There were these creepy people walking around the house so I told my mom and we went to visit Mr.Forkle!" Dex said. "We need to eat quickly we only have five minutes till lunch ends," Keefe said pointing to the clock on the wall. So everyone gobbled up their food in silence. 

When the lunch bell rang everyone shuffled out of the cafeteria to their next session. Sophie and Fitz headed towards the library. "Are you nervous?" Fitz asked when they sat down at a table. Each with a book. "No not really," Sophie said. "Well, I kind of am" Fitz admitted. "Don't be," Sophie said patting his arm. For some reason, this gesture sent a tingling sensation threw Fitz's arm.

After a couple minutes of reading Sophie and Fitz left for the leapmaster. "Eternalia," they both said and glittered away.

"You're early" Councilor Emery said with a smile. "Come on in," he said and motioned towards the door. So the three walk into the gleaming castle and sat down on a couch in the living room. "Do you know why you are here?" Emery asked and they both shook their heads. "We are not in trouble right," Fitz asked causing Emery to laugh. "Of course not," he said with a smile. "We have decided that it is time to send you on missions. The Council has decided that you have earned our trust and that you are ready to do highly classified missions" Emery said. "Speaking of which, we have your first mission already. Why don't we discuss it over tea" Emery said and left the room.

He came back with a plate of custard burst and three cups of tea. "What is the mission," Sophie asked. "We are sending you to the Forbidden Cities. You are to act like normal highschoolers" Emery said. "What do we need to find out?" Sophie asked. "You are just going to be looking around and making sure everything is normal. If something is out of place report it to us immediately. Also, we need to make you two look older" Emery said handing Sophie and Fitz a purple liquid. The two drank it down.

Fitz grew a little bit of facial hair and Sophie grew taller. "Okay, so you will be leaving today. We already have everything you will need at the house are you ready to go?" Emery asked pulling out a pathfinder with a blue stone. They both nodded and the three leaped away.