Arthur's Mom Has Poor Timing

Having Tyson and Mordred around became a source of pride for me and Percy for the next couple weeks. The Euphoria of winning the Chariot Races were definitely not something that went away quick. 

However that wouldn't last, because the next week a little later, Tyson came with some shocking news.

"Dream from Daddy Last Night." said Tyson as the four of us, Percy, Me, Mordred, sat at the beach, watching the sun set, a large cooler filled with cokes sitting next to us. "Daddy wants me to come down to palace.. to work at forges with other cyclops."

Percy looked a little shocked, and I could see why. Poseidon had never asked Percy to visit his undersea palace before.. but I knew he could see the reasoning behind it same as me. Tyson was a cyclops, it would be good for him to learn the trade of his people, see how those who weren't Polyphemus, the good cyclopses, did things. It was a spectacular and beneficial opportunity, and I felt Poseidon's reasoning on this was as good a parenting decision as a god could make.

Then again.. not as if I had many parents other than the spectacular Sally Jackson to derive from.. (Merlin doesn't count.. and I think he agrees).

"That's great!" I said, trying my best to sound happy for Tyson and not sad for Percy.

"Yeah.. really great." said Percy, sounding as if he was attempting to do the exact same thing.

Though of course, Mordred, being a little less tactful of a person said. "W.. wait.. One-Eye.. y.. you're leaving?"

Tyson, being the big lovable guy he was, gave Mordred a back crushing hug. "Me sorry.. Me don't want to leave brother and sisters.. "

"It's fine." said Percy. "We'll miss you big guy, really we will, just be sure to send plenty of Iris Messages."

Tyson nodded enthusiastically. "Lots!

"S.. So when do you leave.." Mordred stammered, as if she were struggling not to cry.

"Now.." said Tyson as Rainbow the Hippocampus turned up at the edge of the waves, neighing.

After hugging Tyson goodbye, we watched as the cyclops mounted Rainbow and dove into the waves.. swimming further and further away.. until he sank below the horizon.. 

Mordred sniffled, and together, me and Percy patted her back.

"I really liked that guy.. he was like a huge teddy bear.. with one big eye.." Mordred sniffled. 

"By the way.." I murmured, summoning my new shield. "How, in the WORLD did you two make a Noble Phantasm!?"

Mordred smiled. "Eh.. it.. was a theory Tyson had really. The guy may talk simplistically, but his complex thinking's amazing. He theorized that Noble Phantasms are a part of our essence and existence.. so by finding some sort of magical object to connect to our existence and legends in some way, and magically tie it us.. he could turn it into a Noble Phantasm after you channeled manna into it.. "

Mordred shrugged. "So.. when he asked for an item like that, I thought about the Kraken's eye we used to have in the Camelot Treasury.. you had just gotten super legendary for slaying it.. people calling you Kraken Slayer and all.. I thought it might work.. and it did... so Tyson studied with Beckendorf on how to forge Camelot Steel.. and BAM!! A Noble Phantasm was born on that track.. I didn't expect a Roar to be used or anything.. I thought like.. sea water or something would come out.."

I summoned the shield, and stared at the inscriptions.. I then realized, there were beautiful pictures carved into the metal around the crystal eye.. images of our adventures on the Sea of Monsters.