Arthur Gets Shot

So.. after beating the crap out of Ares, and then beating the crap out of an Elder Cyclops, and then proceeding to slay a Kraken big enough to eat an entire small island like a cookie.. I think it was safe to say I had proven to myself ONE indubitable fact... 

I am a pyschopath..

Cause, seriously, what sane person does this stuff? With Ares I could've tricked him, and had us run to Zeus and told him what his idiot boy was doing.. with Polyphemus, I guess I COULD'VE taken Annabeth's hat and continued the invisible Nobody ruse without bother to land a single blow..

And the Kraken.. well.. it was apparent that Hippocampi could outswim it.. probably..

Probably the other thing would work too..

Er.. Now that I think about it.. fighting seems like it might've been the safer option for everything but Polyphemus.. alright, maybe I'm not insane... I'm just.. Violently Sane... I need a vacation. 

preferably no cruises, my last one gave me nightmares..

The hippocampi swam with amazing speed, so much speed in fact, that we were able to use the spray created from their swimming to create a rainbow.

While we debated sending an Iris Message to camp, we concluded it was better to send the message to Chiron instead.. I had a feeling Tantalus was NOT going to like the fact we actually succeeded in getting the Fleece.

When we threw the the coin in the spray and Chiron appeared it seemed like he was at a party of some sort.. there were lots of flashing lights in the background, and cheering and screaming.. some of the noises there even sounded drunk.. or at least high on koolaid (I was high on koolaid once..  never got drunk though, when I was King I would only ever drink a small glass of wine with my massive dinner..  I actually shudder to remember the horrible food we had to eat back then... dear Shirou.. thank you for introducing me to real food)

Jungle boogie was playing in the background, and Chiron had his head lowered towards us, as if trying to properly hear the message amid flying alcohol bottles and darumaka pillows of.. dare I say it.. Sailor Moon Centaurs? 

"I'm glad to see you're all safe!!" Chiron called out as we messaged him. "I have some help guaranteed to come from my relatives here!! We'll try to meet you on the c-.."

"WHOOOOOOO PARRRRRTTTTTYYYYYYYY!!!" a voice screamed as something exploded in the background.

"-When you arrive." Chiron finished.

"WHAT!?" I yelled in. "I DIDN'T HEAR THE LAST PART!!!"

"WHAT!?" Chiron called, obviously unable to hear me too. "ANYWAYS! Saber!! It's imperative that you focus on getting the Fleece back to camp safely!!  Be on the lookout for Luke and his ship!! Poseidon's deployed his forces through the sea to spy on his course!! Kronos seems to somehow be preventing all the sea god's storms from sinking it!  But as unknown as his course is, he'll obviously be searching hard for you and the Fleece!"

"We'll keep a low profile till we get back!" I yelled back. 

"ALRIGHT!! I'LL SEE YOU IN MIA-"

"SHEEEN!!" The connection was cut off, as a bourbon bottle was sent sailing straight into the image. 

"I could try to get him back.." Annabeth said, now appearing to be fully healed thanks to the power of the fleece.

"Nah.." I said. "Sun's getting low, not enough time to try and establish another rainbow.."

Sure enough, the sun slipped under the waves.. and the sky turned starry, the only thing lighting our path through the ocean now were the lights of the city in the distance..