きゅ: Happy Birthday, Killua

Start from the beginning

"Oh..." she sighs, her expression falling.

"Besides," He continues, his expression becoming normal again. "I'm probably too old for you."

"How old?"

"Nineteen."

"Oh goodness, you are!" She says, having an awkward look on her face again. "I thought you were fourteen or fifteen!"

Killua smirks as he walks away from them.

He finally makes it to his highly anticipated destination. Once he walks in, he immediately gets recognized.

"Hey, Killua!" An employ shouts cheerfully, a wide smile on her face. She pulls him into a tight hug.

"Y-you're suffocating me!" He manages to breathe.

"Sorry! I was just so excited to see you!" She apologizes, letting him go.

"Do you still allow minors to sit at the bar," Killua asks, dusting himself off as he sighs heavily. "Canary?"

"We're not supposed to, but you're our only exception!" Canary says, smiling awkwardly.

"Thanks." He says.

Killua notices that the place isn't that full. There are only a few tables occupied, and only a few people sitting at one end of the bar. Killua takes a seat at the opposing end, and the bartender smiles lightly.

"Welcome back, Killua." The bartender says gladly. "What's the occasion today?"

"My birthday." Killua says, sounding unenthusiastic.

"How old are you now?" The bartender asks.

"Nineteen."

"So you'd like the usual?"

"Yup." Killua answers with a sigh.

"You don't sound very happy for your special day. Did something happen in your social life?"

"I would be spending my day with the special person in my life," Killua answers, sighing as he gets handed his non-alcoholic drink. "But he's not feeling well today."

"'He?'" The bartender questions, adjusting his glasses. "I thought you preferred girls. I didn't know you were gay."

Killua slightly blushes as some people look in their direction.

"Wing!" He hisses, taking a swig of his drink. "It's called being bisexual!"

"Still, who is this 'special person?'" Wing asks, slightly laughing at his reaction. "Did you meet him through your 'job?'"

"No. He's my roommate," Killua answers, looking down at the glass in his hands. "And it's nothing official. We're just very close. That's all."

"How is your job going, anyways?" Wing asks out of pure curiosity.

"I haven't been doing it often ever since my roommate moved in," he answers. "Besides, an incident happened with the last one."

"If it discomforts you," Wing says, taking Killua's empty glass and refilling it. "You don't have to tell me."

"I never want that to happen again," Killua says, shuddering. "I didn't like it in even the slightest bit, and they knew it too."

"If it's okay, how many people?" Wing asks, giving Killua a full glass again.

"Three." Killua mutters, staring at the glass.

"What all do you plan on doing today?" Wing asks, changing the subject as he notices Killua's discomfort. "It's is your special day, after all."