きゅ: Happy Birthday, Killua

IX

"Gon, I'm going out for a bit—" Killua starts shouting, but stops once he sees Gon sleeping on the sofa.

He angelically smiles as he looks at how peaceful Gon looks. He silently approaches Gon, and places a small kiss on his forehead. He grins lightheartedly.

As he begins leaving the apartment, he decides he should leave a note for Gon, letting him know that he'll be out, and why he is.

Killua leaves the note on Gon's forehead, so that he'll see it when he awakes. Killua softly smiles as he sees Gon peace, and hesitantly leaves the apartment.

Killua really wants to spend his day with Gon, but he's not going to sit in an apartment all day, keeping an eye on his roommate that can't do much.

It's a very special day for him. One that he wants to spend with either a close one, or just by himself.

His birthday.

As he walks past the elevator, he notices that it still has the "out of order" sign on it. He sighs in annoyance.

When are they getting that damned thing fixed?

"Happy birthday, neighbor." A familiar voice speaks from behind. "Gon's not with you?"

"Thanks Hisoka." Killua says, stopping at the start of the stairs down. "And no. He's sick with a stomach virus or something."

"Well, hopefully you'll have a nice day." Hisoka says. "You're nineteen now, right?"

"Yeah. I'm the same age as Gon now," Killua sighs. "He turned nineteen a while ago."

"I'll see you later. I've got somewhere to be." Hisoka says, looking at the clock on his phone. He takes the stairs going up.

Probably one of his "appointments."

Killua takes the stairs down to the ground floor. He notices that the lobby is packed with more people than usual.

Oh right. That party's today.

He simply avoids it as he leaves the building.

Killua heads for a place he usually goes to when he has to celebrate something alone. He is very welcomed there since he's a common customer, and he knows the bartender well. Although he doesn't drink, he just likes to talk with the employees.

"Excuse me sir, could you please take a picture of us?" A random girl asks, going up to him with another girl at her side.

"Sure." Killua answers.

The girl hands him her phone. He turns it on and swipes it to the right to activate the camera. They stand in front of a shop together, and do some sort of pose. Killua takes a few images of them. He walks up to them and hands the girl the phone back.

"Thank you!" She exclaims, bowing.

Killua begins walking away.

"Wait!" She calls out. He turns around to face her.

"Yes?" He questions.

"Are you single?" She asks, slightly blushing and awkwardly smiling.

"Unfortunately." Killua answers.

"If you're not in a rush, can I get your number?" She asks, sheepishly laughing.

"Sorry," Killua apologizes, winking and jokingly sticking his tongue out. "I've already got my eye on someone."