Back to the Grind...

Skye's POV

Push through it, that is what I must do, right? I must focus on work. You know pouring drinks, serving, and smile while my tits are basically on full view for the sex hungry men, a typical workday.  If only it was that easy, I can not keep my mind off of the fact I have a trained killer living in my condo that has a body of a god that I wouldn't mind drinking from. 

No Skye, keep your mind out of the gutter.

"Hey Skye, can you possibly pick up the pace anytime? I do have a business here to run and if you haven't noticed I can replace you with another pretty face in a tight top and mini skirt" my lovely employer Drew states. I just give him a look that says eat shit but before I could say anything back snarky one person, in particular, decided to take it upon themselves to defend me.

"Hey fucktard, don't you ever talk to her like that or I'll come back behind that bar and put you six feet under, do you understand?" Jace threatens. 

Drew looks to me in questioning "Do you know him Skye?" I nod my head slowly" he is my roommate." Fully prepared for Drew to huff and puff storming to his office, but what happened next came as a surprise to those around and to myself.

"You're fired, pack your belongings from the back room. Maybe this will teach you a lesson to keep your "roommate" on a leash. No one threatens me in my own club. I expect you both gone in ten minutes or I will call the police to escort you both off the premises." 

The shock was evident on my face, completely embarrassed was an understatement, I turned to see Jace about to say something more coming towards Drew, but I raised my hand up "Jace stop! Don't you think you have done enough? Leave the club, I will be home in twenty apparently since my shift was cut short." I finished glaring at him. The look on his face was one of defeat but not one of regret, he truly does not care that he just cost me my job. 

While packing my locker up into my bag I realized what I must do, I had to quit this thing with Jace. He does not simply care about my feelings, he does what he thinks it best. He was supposed to give me time to adjust and come to terms, but if I learned anything from yesterday and today is that he has only changed from bullying me to controlling me, and I will not allow that now. 

I will speak with him tonight and let him know that this thing is over and if he takes it badly then I will ask him to leave after this month is over. It is almost my twenty-first birthday so my inheritance will be coming in and I will be set until I pick up another job, as for now it is time to harden my heart and go home...

Alrighty, guys, it has been a long time since I've updated because I was going to discontinue the book but since I have received enough feedback about updating I have decided to continue. This chapter is probably not what most of you have expected or wanted for my official come back but just wait and see what happens next. :) As always it is a pleasure, my fellow readers.  <3