Breakfast

Getting ready took a little longer than they both planned but they finally managed to get to the door completely clothed. 

Walking to the cute little diner down the street from their apartment was comforting, especially since Skye knows that the upcoming conversation won't be as comforting, not in the lease. 

Jace opens the door for Skye and she leads the way to a booth. They don't sit together in one side like they normally would, instead they sit across from each other, making it easier for Skye to look him in the eyes. 

Skye was the first to speak "Is it even safe in here to speak about such private matters?" she exclaimed in a hush tone. Jace just nods his head while putting a single finger to his lips, signing to her to be in a whispered tone. 

"Why do you do it? How do you live life normally without thinking about all the families you've impacted?..." Skye expresses with more emotion than she wanted to show,  tears forming in her eyes. 

"Please don't cry baby. I never had to explain this to someone I love because I have never loved anyone. But I do it because I'm good at it. I think of it as that I'm taking bad people out of the world. Men that will kill women and children, sell them over seas, and make a profit off of human misery. I look at it as if I am doing good by doing bad." Jace says in a calm manner but you can see his world falling apart through his eyes that show all the emotions he never claimed to have before Skye, he clearly is terrified of losing her. Skye notices it and reaches for his hand. 

"What can I get you both to drink? Coffee? Tea?" The short older woman ask, ready to take our order. 

"We both will have coffee, black, and waffles." Jace replied with no care how rude it came off, he didn't even turn his attention off of Skye. The older lady just walked past him, huffing and puffing as she went. 

"You could have been a little nicer to her, Jace." Skye says with a tone that wasn't very pleasing to him.

"Don't speak to me in that tone, Skye. I don't appreciate it." He replies with a dominance she has not yet seen. This is a different side to him. I mean ten minutes ago he admitted to killing people, so she knew there was other sides to him, but he has never acted cold towards her.

Skye face turns sour, she lets go of his hand, giving him a look that kills. He clears his throat and straightens his posture. Looking at her he mumbles a simple "sorry" to which she just nods in acceptance. It gets awkwardly quite for them, neither one willing to be the next one to mutter a single word.

"Alrighty y'all here is your order, enjoy." A younger blonde waitress speaks while laying our food and coffee on the table. "Let me know if I can get you guys anything." she states before moving on to another table for her rounds. 

"Lets eat" finally escapes Jace's mouth. 

Sorry the update took so long and that it is very short. The next chapter is going to be in Jace's pov of their breakfast. Love you all! Thanks for all the reads! Enjoy your weekend :)