Love Story

Trouble seems to have a way of finding Y/N, trouble generally in the form the Southside Serpents. Well, more specifically, trouble with the name of Jughead Jones.

Y/N father is the leader of a gang rival to the Serpents, which usually meant that someone at some point in time is trying to use her to get to her dad.

Jughead Jones is not one of these people.

She had been raised on the idea that anyone affiliated with the Serpents is not to be trusted, that no one who is a part of them will do her any good.

But then she meets him.

It's sophomore year by the time the two actually speak to each other, each knowing who the other is but being warned by their parents to never give them a second glance.

Jughead breaks the warning first.

"Y/N right?" He asks, standing next to her locker. "I'm J-"

"I know exactly who you are," she hisses, slamming her locker shut and walking away from him.

"Hey!" Jughead calls, walking briskly down the hall to catch up with her. "Look, I can bet you've been told the same things I was as a kid about me and about my family but I don't want to live like that anymore. I'm done with my dad and all of that. I think we could actually be really good friends."

Y/N stops, spinning on her heel to face him.

"Friends?" She asks, titling her head slightly. "What makes you say that?"

"We're similar, like really similar," he shrugs, "just a feeling. I think we'd get along really well."

"Well, I'm willing to test that theory, if you want," she says, the words coming out of her mouth before she can even think them all the way through.

Jughead's face brightens.

"Really?" He asks, shocked. "That would be awesome."

She smiles finally, adjusting a strap on her bag.

"One thing though," she says, "my dad can't know."

"Yeah well, neither can mine," Jughead replies, "so I guess we're in the same boat."

"I guess we are."

"Pops after school?" Jughead asks. "I've got a booth in the back room he'll let us use. No one will be able to see us there."

"I'll see you there," she smirks, walking into her class and leaving Jughead to walk to his own with a bright smile adorning his face.

Jughead's right, the two of them become fast friends, talking like they've known each other their entire lives, and, in a sense, they have.

The secrecy and the sneaking around only makes it more enticing for them to be together, no matter the warnings running through each of their heads. It only takes about six weeks for it to happen.

Y/N breaks the warning first.

"Juggie I'm scared," she whispers, her head resting on his lap as they sit on the roof of the drive in projection booth.

"What? Why?" Jughead asks, looking down at her. "Did someone say something to you?"

"No it's not that it's just..." she takes a deep breath, locking eyes with him, "I really like you, Juggie, I've never felt this way for someone before and it scares me."

"Do you mean like me as i-"

"Yeah," she cuts him off, even the thought of the words being spoken scaring her, "it's scary enough that I've never felt this before but then you take into account everything with our dads and that just...adds about ten more levels of fear."