Florence Nightingale

Summary: Jughead goes to the Southside and gets into a fight and the reader gets mad.

Jughead had been a part of the Serpents the last couple of months and I'm not going to lie I was not happy when he joined. I mean who would want their boyfriend to join a gang, yeah no one. But so far he hadn't done anything dangerous so for the moment I was okay.

It's a Wednesday night and I'm sitting on my bed doing my homework when my phone screen lights up showing a message from Jughead. I put the pen in my hand down and look at the message.

Jughead: Hey babe sorry I can't make it tonight I've got to do something.

Y/n: What do you have to do?

Jughead: Its nothing just some work I have to do.

I worried about his answer but if I ask him about the Southside he starts to get angry and he doesn't talk about it so I decide against it and reply to his message with a simple okay and switch off my phone. For the rest of the night I continue with my homework and at around nine I put everything away and get ready to have a shower. I hop in the shower and not even five minutes later there's a knock at my front door and me being home alone I have to get out to see who it is. I get out of the shower and wrap a towel around my body with my wet hair dripping on my shoulders. I look out the peephole and see a figure standing outside my door, they raise their hand to knock again and I open the door slowly. When it is fully open I finally realise who it is. Jughead. Standing on my porch his lip cut and his eye and cheek badly bruised he is also clutching his side. "Oh my god Jughead" I say shocked. I grab a hold of his arm helping him through the door.

As we're walking up the stairs he groans in pain a few times. When we make it into my bathroom I make him sit on the counter next to the sink while I rummage through the multiple cupboards looking for something to clean the cut on his face with. Once I finally found something I start to clean his face quietly. He stares at me hissing when I touched of the cuts. "Sorry" I whisper throwing the cloth into the sink walking into my bedroom to get some pyjamas for myself. As I turn back to look into the bedroom I see Jughead leaned against the bathroom door.

I sigh "What happened Jug" I sit on my bed looking at him. "I tried calling you but your phone was off" he says walking over to my bed sitting down beside me "Jug that doesn't answer my question and in my defence I wasn't expecting you to turn up at my door like this" I say looking him up and down. "I went to do a job for the serpents and it didn't go to plan" he says putting his head down. "You what" I screech "They asked me to the Job Y/n and I'm a serpent now I can't just turn these jobs down" "Yes you can Jughead plenty of the serpents don't do jobs that get them beaten up" I say exasperated standing up pacing up and down the room. "What could I have said Y/n oh sorry I can't do this job in case something wrong" he says getting annoyed "That's exactly what you could've said Jughead ..." I pause and look down at the ground "Y-you could have died Jughead" I whisper tears welling up in my eyes. I hear the springs in the bed move and then feel a hand being put on my waist. "Y/n" he whispers placing a finger under my chin and lifting my head to look at him. At this point tears are rolling down my face "Don't cry I didn't die I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere" he says with a small smile. "B-but you" I take a deep breath "You could have" I say. He wipes the tears from my cheeks with his thumb. "I won't do another job that involves any type of danger, okay" he says looking at me. "Okay" I say with a sigh. "Even though if I get hurt I have my very own Florence Nightingale" he laughs "Shut up Jughead" I say slapping his chest. He leans in for a kiss but I place two hands on his chest and stop him "Ah-ah Jug you're injured "I say pointing to the cut. He whines "But kisses make everything better" I walk over to the bed where I had place the pyjamas I had picked and pick them up walking in the bathroom. "Well in professional medical opinion a kiss won't make that better" I say before closing the door laughing to myself as I hear him mumbling and whining outside the door. He is never going to live this down.

Word Count: 840

A/n: Sorry i haven't posted in awhile I've been busy getting ready for school. I start school Wednesday so i'll try post on something on Monday and Tuesday.