The Partner Revealed (Part 9)

Pairing: Jughead Jones x Reader

Description: Y/N finds out who Jughead's father is - or does she?

Warnings: Some drama to stir up the pot.

Word count: 3328

Y/N's point of view

It's hard for Y/N to focus on her homework since Jughead is the only thought in her mind. Earlier at the Sheriff's station she was afraid they'd frame Juggie for a murder he didn't commit, same one both of them were trying to solve. What really messed with her, though, was finding out he had been living at the school. Her mind, instead of answering a physics quiz, trails as to why he didn't ask for help, not even from his best friend. She needs answers desperately, but doesn't want to come off demanding.

It's almost as if he could read her mind all the way from Elm Street because she gets a notification from him. That's the first time he's reached out since they parted ways at the Andrews' home. Y/N looks at the time before opening the text - 2 AM - realizing Jug probably waited until Archie was asleep before talking to her.

From: Jughead

I owe you an explanation.

From: Y/N

I don't owe me anything. But I'd certainly appreciate it...

From: Jughead

I'm sorry. I never meant to keep anything from you.

From: Y/N

You know that's not what I care about. I just hate knowing none of us were worth your trust on the moment you needed the most.

From: Jughead

That's not it. I was... ashamed.
Living alone was my choice and I had to deal with the consequences.
It's not as if I couldn't budge and go back to my dad's.

From: Y/N

I understand. But you have to promise you won't keep anything else from me, Juggie.
I care too much about you to find out that I could've helped you if only you had said something.

From: Jughead

I promise. I really care about you too. Good night, Y/N/N.

From: Y/N

Good night, Juggie. I'll sleep better knowing you'll be sleeping in a real house.

From: Jughead

It's not a real bed, though. LOL

Y/N laughs, for the first time in hours. She rests her phone down on the desk and can finally finish her quiz before going to sleep. Although her thoughts still drift to him saying he also cares about her, that makes her giggly and warm.

Jughead is waiting outside of Y/N's classroom before lunch break. He keeps glancing at the window to check if they're being released - honor students stay until the last second, though. She hides a smile with her book so the teacher won't notice it. Y/N thought best to leave everything that happened the previous day behind them, for in the end what truly matter is that Juggie is safe. Once the bell rings, Jug walks into her class with a wide smile. "I missed you." He helps her put some books inside her bag. "I missed you too." She waits until it's just them in the room to stand up and kiss his cheek. Neither of them is a big fan of PDA.

They walk in the students lounge together. The rest of the group is already there, talking about Polly. Jughead sits next to Y/N in the couch, though, not as close as when it's just the two of them. Both silently listen, since they arrived mid conversation. "What if my mom and I were to host a baby shower?", Veronica suggests directly to Betty. Y/N gathers that they found her sister and that she's most likely staying at the Pembrooke to avoid both her family and the Blossoms.