The Goonies

the sky seemed gloomy, a gray with a mixture of blue, moonstone being dominant.

she was gloomy as well, nothing new.

she never knew why she stayed dark but she knew that it made her the way she is.

she was never of a morning person, really.

she had always kept her words to a maximum of a thousand, walking home in the windy weather and doing her duties at home & for school. to her surprise, she met someone a tad bit similar to her.

mr. jughead jones the third, her now boyfriend of 12, rough and amazing months.

y/n never noticed him until she heard his voice, echoing in her mind for the rest of the class. he, of course, the writer of the school was the one she started noticing more often.

she nudged him after english, inviting him to her table she had been sitting alone on ever since day one.

he simply nods, confused of why someone would bother to invite him to a table. they both walk to the courtyard, introducing themselves.

"i'm y/n. y/n y/l/n." she calmly smiles, shoving her hands in her deep pockets, playing with the little objects left inside during wash.

"jughead jones the third," he repeats her actions, giving a half smile, "why'd you decide to ask me out, miss y/l/n?"

"well mister jones, as you know this loser doesn't have friends. i have high standards but i thought you were enough." y/n shrugs, bumping him.

he overly exaggerates the offended face, mouth gaping open, "how dare thee offend the one and only!"

~

and that's how they hit it off. y/n and jughead only ever told the sad breakfast club about their thing, really.

they worry because riverdale is a small town, whatever news there is, no matter how secret it is, people will know no matter what. but this didn't seem to quite pop up in chuck's head.

he's been trying to ask out y/n for she "is worth a lot of points" in the play book. well, that backfired.

the answer he gets is simple, no.

after getting her books to study, y/n walked home with her bag and everything cluttered inside of it, she started walking out the door.

at this time, no one would really dare to stay but she had her duties to do. unexpectedly, a strong tug on her bag sent her tripping backwards.

she falls on her bottom first, rubbing her lower back as she looks up to see chuck's unpleasant expression.

"didn't tell me you were dating donnie darko, huh princess?" chuck raises his eyebrows, crossing his arms.

two other jocks tower over her as she slowly get up, "how original, chuck. step out of my business."

this comment seems to get him fuming as he grabs y/n's collar and slams her to the locker.

"you bitch," slapping her and leaving a red mark on her right cheek, "i'd say you stop answering back by now."

"how about i say," she pretends to think with her fingers on her chin, "no." he bangs her head against the locker, making her hiss and a bruise form on the back of her head.

"now, if you don't want to bleed even more, seal your lips." chuck clenches his jaw, his grip on y/n's collar tightening.

"how threatening." she rolls her eyes at his comment, sending chuck over the edge.

"that's it–" he starts punching her face, letting go of the collar on the process. she falls once again on the floor, chuck sending one last hit to her jaw.

he leaves with the two others, and leaving y/n with a bleeding lip and nose.

she sees a figure shifting around the bottom of the stairs, recognizing the dark silhouette of a crown-shaped beanie.

"glad that you care, jughead." she weakly gets out, staring at the blood spots on the floor.

he cleared his throat, making his way towards her, "i saw what happened."

"and didn't do anything about it?" she snaps back, her eyes shooting to him.

he fishes out his handkerchief out of his back pocket, wiping her wounded face. y/n moves away as the cloth meets her face but relaxes once she stops fighting back.

"i'm sorry," jughead mutters, wiping the gushing blood off her lips with the folded cloth, "i failed you."

she sighs in disappointment, looking at his structured face against the light.