Hannah was leaning against her locker, wishing she was home and not at this hell hole.

"Hannah?"

She turned and whipped her head towards Mona. "Mo!" She ran to the girl "where have you been?"

She felt her heart swell, "I just had a doctor appointment."

"Everything ok?"

"Of course, but" she looked over Hannah's face "what's wrong with you."

"We're on a list."

A list? What type of list?

"A list" she waited for Hannah to explain "I'm not following." She finished when Hannah stayed silent.

Hannah sighed pulling out her phone. "Hannah Baker, best ass. Jessica Davis, worst ass. Best face, Mona Hastings. The list goes on!"

"Who wrote that?" What type of disgusting, lowlife of a pig-

"Alex."

Alex.

"Oh." How could her 'friend' betray her.

Scott ran around the halls looking for the girl. When he turned the corner, he finally saw her, talking to Hannah. "Mona!"

He stop and took a breath when he reached the girl "look, there's this list going around and-"

"And Alex wrote it."

"And Alex wrote- wait. How did you know that?"

Mona pointed her finger at Hannah. "I need to go."

"Mona." All she could do was keep walking.

•|•

"It's not working." Hannah said, pushing the hot chocolate away.

"Hey!" Mona pushed it back, "give it a chance."

Hannah smiled at her friend "fine."

Mona was glad to be out of the god awful school. Today was too much. She was used to the words and the assumptions of her, but it didn't mean they didn't hurt.

"How do you do it?" Hannah asked.

"Do what?"

"Stay so strong?" She shook her head "I just don't get it. I hear what some people think about you, and here you are; you're strong, fearless, you stickup for everyone, it's like you're some superhero."

Mona scoffed "I'm anything but a superhero, Hannah banana."

"You-"

"Are you happy?" Jessica cried as she walked up to the confused sophomore.

"What are you-"

"You got what you wanted didn't you!"
Jessica let a few tears drop. "Congratulations, Alex broke up with me."

"She didn't have anything to do with it, jess." Mona tried to stick up for the girl.

"Stay out of it, ms perfect!" She spit, pushing her back down in her seat.

"Jess, I swear I had no idea."

Smack!

Gasp.

Hannah's hand flew to her cheek as the stinging settles.

"Jessica!" Mona yelled, pushing her away and standing in front of Hannah. "Are you ok?" She quickly looked over her face, looking for any sign of major injuries.

"I'm fine."

She turned and glared at the dark headed girl "I don't keep people like you on my squad." She hissed.

Jessica's heart thumps, she always wanted to be in the cheer team. Mona wasn't going to kick her off. "Don't let me see it again, did you forget the meeting today?"

Mona had a emergency team meeting, addressing the list. Many of the girls were embarrassed, so Mona talked to everyone about the dumb thing.

"We're family!" Mona yelled, looking at all the girls on the bleachers.

"We stand by each other!"

"Don't let some immature little boys ruin you." She sighed "easier said than done, I know. But with the support of one another it will help."

"We are a team for a reason." She smiled and backed up "now, bring it in!"

"No, I didn't." Jess looked down before she walked away.

Hannah huffed as she sat back down "I can't believe that happened."

"Me either."

"Worst day of my life." She groaned, throwing her head back.

Mona grabbed her hand "we always have tomorrow." She smiled, she hoped this girls life would get better.

////