Chapter 6: Sun Set

The girls had left the four in the building, alone, telling the four that they would eventually return.

"How come we have to stay put here? I wanna go outside..." Maehara gazed outside the window.

"You heard them, we have to be more careful outside, we can't let people see us," Karma replied looking out the window with Maehara too.

"You want to go outside too though, Karma..." Isogai noticed Karma poking his head out the window.

A dull atmosphere had been surrounding them for the past few hours. No tension. No excitement. Only the sounds of nature that came from the forest in the mountains. Isogai was getting quickly annoyed at the silence and lack of interaction with his peers, "How about we all chat?".

"What do we talk about though?" Maehara asked, still gazing out the window.

Another silent moment between all four of them. Neither of them couldn't think of a single topic to talk about. Except for Nagisa.

"How about us?" Nagisa added.

"Us?" Maehara asked.

"Well, I mean... Everything that has happened... We've only been like this for less than a week but... I'm starting to worry about ourselves." Nagisa answered.

"True, we've all been trying to get used to this new way of living but. It doesn't feel right. We can't accept ourselves like this." Isogai added on.

"You're right, I miss home..." Maehara added.

Karma slammed his fist onto the wooden floorboards of the room than bringing his hand back to him as pain overwhelmed his senses in his fists, he hissed at the pain. He didn't like the sensitive senses he had regained, "How the hell does something like this even happen to us? I feel so damn useless!"

"Karma!" Nagisa quickly went over to Karma to make sure he didn't injure himself. Nagisa looked at his hand. Karma had wounded his knuckles. "It'll only be a bruise, but we should probably go put some ice on it... I'll get some." Nagisa said as he left the room to go grab an ice pack. Karma nodded.

Maehara leaned over to Isogai, "Isn't Karma usually the composed one?" He asked. Karma heard him and glared with his stern young eyes.

Isogai started to feel uneasy after finally realizing their situation. His eyebrows furrowed in, looking over to Maehara. "Karma is right. This situation is just unreal. In our state, we have no way of assassinating Koro-Sensei or even contacting our families."

Maehara frowned and looked over to the window where he could see the outside world. Ever since the day they got shot and shrunk, he had tried to deny the negatives about his predicament and only wanted to focus on the positive things. Like, how as a little kid, he didn't have to do homework, listen to anyone, or wake up early to the repetitive annoying sound of an alarm clock. He could just be a free-spirit and do whatever he wants. At least until the world goes boom. Now that they were having this conversation, perhaps it was best for them to start thinking of how they were going to turn back to normal.

He turned back to Isogai, "But Okuda and Takebayashi are working on a way to fix this right? We'll be able to do everything we used to do in no time!"

Isogai laid his hand on Maehara's shoulder, he looked at him with the eyes, not of a child but of a fifth-teen-year-old, "Maehara, think about this seriously. This kind of situation is fictional. Do you really think anyone will be able to turn us back to normal?"

Maehara's head went down as he shook it. He had tried his hardest to deny the facts but now he had to start accepting reality.

A few minutes later, Nagisa came back holding an icepack with nitrogen rising from it. Nagisa's hands had almost gone numb by the time he got back. He walked over to Karma and placed it onto his knuckles, "Here, it'll ease the pain."

Karma reluctantly took the icepack and placed it on his knuckle. It did stop the swelling but it couldn't ease his shame. "...Thanks."

Isogai looked at the group and stood up, "Look, it's been a long day and the sun is setting. We should all get some rest to prepare for the next day." The whole group nodded in agreement. They climbed up their beds and slept in the school building for the night once again.

(( A/N: Wow... Um, hey. It's been a while huh? Yeah... Sorry, there hasn't been an update for like I dunno... A whole year... I'm really sorry but I had trouble continuing the story and keeping my motivation high and above but I haven't been feeling it for a long time. This chapter is what I've considered being publishable so far so I hope it's enough for the time I've spent keeping y'all waiting for the next update on this story I started so long ago. I'm surprised some people are still waiting for the update so I've decided to post this chapter as a thank you for everyone still reading this fic and motivating me to keep going. So, enjoy chapter 6! ))