Chapter 76: Hear No Evil, Do No Evil

Start from the beginning

"Thank you," Y/n smiled

"...May I... Have a closer look at you?" Blue Diamond asked as she stuck out her hand

"Sure," Y/n took a deep breath as they stepped onto her hand, carefully balancing themself as Blue Diamond gently lifted them up to her eyes

"My... Pink was correct when she said your eyes are beautiful," Blue Diamond said as a smile slowly inched across her face, "But..."

"Is something wrong?" Y/n asked

"Pink said you were well groomed," Blue Diamond told

"Oh," Y/n said as they looked down at themself, "It's... Been a rough couple of days... I usually am cleaner. I promise,"

"I believe you," Blue Diamond assured, "Oh look at your garments... What happened to you, you poor creature,"

"Nothing good," Y/n mumbled as they looked down at their torn shirt

"Don't worry, my Y/n," Blue Diamond spoke as she gently used her finger to stroke Y/n's head, "You'll come with me and I shall clean you all up,"

"Come with you where?" Y/n frowned

"Somewhere safe," Blue Diamond said as she turned her eyes towards the palanquin in front of her, "Somewhere where you can be happy, somewhere deserving for Pink Diamond's favorite human,"

Y/n turned their head and wiped a tear, unsure of how to proceed, but they notice Blue Pearl strolling towards the bushes with a sense of curiosity"...Pearl, is there something wrong?"

"I think we're not alone..." Blue Pearl mumbled.

Suddenly, a man sprung from the bushes, startling the meek gem; and despite the distance, Y/n could clearly recognize it was Greg.

"H-hey! Uhh," Greg stuttered. "Nice day out, huh? I-I didn't see you there; What's, uh- what's... up?" He gave Blue Pearl a nervous grin as he snapped his fingers.

"Pearl?" Blue Diamond muttered, her eyes still focused on the palanquin in front of her.

"My Diamond, I've found a native." Blue Pearl informed as she bowed low.

"Oh yeah, I'm from here, alright," Greg said as he shimmied his way through the brush and stepped beside Blue Pearl, bowing as well. "Annyeonghaseyo, Your Highness."

Blue Diamond turned her head slightly towards her Pearl, "Bring it here."

Y/n watched as Blue Pearl and Greg approached. They looked up at Blue Diamond, searching her eyes for any sign of hostility or malintent; but found none in her tired, melancholy gaze.

"How curious..." Blue Diamond began. "I'm impressed by humanity's ability to survive in the wild. What a strange planet. Where else would a being as fragile as a human live, while a being such as powerful as a Diamond, perish?" Her lips quivered as a fat tear rolled down her cheek and clung to her jaw, and Y/n's heart dropped at the sight. "This is where it happened," She continued, "where she was broken."

There was a brief silence before Greg spoke up, "Were you close?" He asked.

"...Very." Blue Diamond replied softly.

Greg scratched his neck and looked away, "I-I'm awfully sorry... I know how hard it is to move on when you've lost someone." Greg sympathized.

Blue Diamond slowly turned her head to look down at Greg, her eyebrows furrowed in surprise and confusion, "You do?"

Y/n peered over the side of Blue Diamond's hand to look down at Greg as well.

"I lost someone very important to me, too." He explained. "I miss her every single day, and I think about her all the time. But she's never coming back. That feeling can be so hard to be okay with." Greg winced as he finished, wringing his hands together.