Eight: Decorations, Fights, Friends, oh my!

Start from the beginning

I buy some songs from Boys Like Girls, The Neighborhood, Blink, Nirvana, A Day to Remember, Sir Sly, and Greenday. I decide I should go downstairs and thank the boys now. They did a lot for me and I can only imagine how much money this cost them. I search all the rooms and I still can't find them. They could be in the basement, I never actually went down there.

I go to open the door and hear shouting from down there and start descending the stairs. I see them playing Fifa and see different games everywhere. We have a game room?

Ashton sees me first and gets everyone's attention towards me. "Mads! Did you like your room?" he asks looking hopeful. They all look hopeful actually. They thought I wouldn't like it? What's not to like about it?

"I loved it. Thank you guys" I smile and Ashton tells the other boys that we're going upstairs. Ashton wasn't playing, and there was another controller. That's a bit strange. Maybe he doesn't like the game? Or maybe he doesn't play video games with them anyways?

"What do you want for dinner Mads?" he's been calling me that lately and it's a bit strange. I'm definitely not used to nicknames or these boys yet for that matter.

"Can we make spaghetti?" I question, eyes twinkling with hope. He just chuckles and nods. I start grabbing stuff to help him make it and he boils water. I realize I've never actually cooked anything in this house before. I'm pretty sure I don't know where anything is so I just sorta stand there staring at my feet; making Ashton laugh and point to a cabinet. I nod and get out everything we need for it. Ashton puts in the spaghetti and I smirk and put some sauce on my fingers and when Ashton turns around, I flick it towards his face.

He stands there shocked and licks the sauce off his lips. "Oh it's on." he laughs and grabs a new jar and chucks some at me and I gasp when I see it's in my hair. I just finished getting all of the paint out of my hair and now I have sauce in it? These fights occur often and their house then I'm guessing because I've only been here for like, five days and here we are having our second one.

"You're dead Irwin" I say and dump the jar down the back of his shirt and make sure to get some all in his hair. I squeal when he gets it all over me and grab a new jar splashing it towards his black tee and before long we're squealing and giggling with each other and we hear the other boys coming up the stairs but don't stop anything. We I loud out a high pitched squeal and Ashton giggles as I dump sauce down his pants and he groans me laughing.

"What happened in here?!" Luke shouts. Well what does it look like Luke? We killed a tomato and it's guts splattered all over the walls?

"We were making dinner and you can guess the rest from there." I shrug looking at the walls. "She dumped sauce down my shirt AND pants!" Ashton pouts making me scoff. "Ya but you got it in my hair first so you deserved it." I retort. You don't do that to a girls hair, it's like rule number one.

"Ashton you're the oldest, why don't you act like it?" Luke shouts. So what if we had a sauce fight? We all would've done it. "Sorry for having fun Old Man." Ashton says and storms off. He went out back but that's okay I guess because it's still lit for another like two hours. I'm faced with the other three boys. Luke looks pissed, Michael and Calum look like they can't conceal their laughter.

"Cal can I have your jumper?" I ask and he pulls his big black hoodie over his head and hands it to me. I pull it on and run upstairs slipping on my shoes and easing back downstairs. "I'm going for a walk." I mumble and leave without staying for a protest and running down the street so Luke doesn't follow me. I end up coming to a park and sitting on the swing on my phone. I see the Calum mentioned me on twitter.

It's a picture of me and ash in the middle of the fight laughing. I save it to my album when I feel a tap on my shoulder. I'm about to yell but I turn to see one of the girls I saw earlier at the mall. Except it's not the hoe or friends. It's one of the nice girls that liked me apparently.

"Madison? What happened to you?" she holds back a giggle and I sigh. "You didn't see it on twitter yet?" I question and she shakes her head and I pull out my phone and show her the picture. She laughs and says 'ohhhhh' and I just sigh and nod.

"So why are you here alone?" she asks and I explain how Luke got mad and I took Calum's jumper and just left. She's a good listener and we might even become friends. She's really nice and something tells me it's not just because she likes the boys. I think she's generally a nice person and wants to be my friend. She tells me how she thinks Luke was unfair and I learn her name is Lacey. We talk for what seems like hours on end but only could've been about an hour and a half.

"Here take my number, but please don't give it out to anyone." I say and we exchange phones laughing about something she told me about the boys. They're pretty chill from what I can tell. Luke will probably loosen up as I get older she tells me. I wish he would loosen up now. He's kind of been getting on my nerves since before I knew his name. She laughs when I tell her what I used to call Luke and we probably look crazy giggling this much.

"Me and some friends, they were at the mall with me, are having a sleepover soon. You should join us." she tells me. that sounds like fun. I've never actually had a sleepover of anything before because of the orphanage and I really couldn't make friends. "That sounds cool. Instead of your house, if you like we can have it at mine. You could all meet the boys." I tell her and her eyes light up and she nods like crazy. I tell her they can't tell anyone my address because of the boys and she says sure and there will be seven girls, including her.

"I should go. It's getting dark and the boys are probably worried. See ya Lacey!" I shout waving to her. It feels good to finally have a friend. I've always been kind of alone in this world. It's been me against everything else and it feels better to have a friend. I come up to the house and inhale before opening the door and smelling the usual smell. Cinnamon. It's kind of homey.

"Where have you been?" I jump and see four unamused boys. Looks like they made up.

"Uh the park? You could've texted me." I say and they scratch the back of their necks, Luke bites his lip mumbling, ,'we didn't think of that' and I sigh giving Cal his jumper. "Well dinners ready now." they say and we walk to the table and eat in silence. This is gonna be one long night.