Why Does Oldest Always Go First!-Chapter 6

Hello Peoples! I am back and not dead! Which is pretty okay. I am going to skip the long apologies and excuses of my unreasonable lack of updates. Anyhow this book hadn't gone the way I thought and I think writing fanfic isn't my Forte'. I had though of giving this book up but I got myself pumped up again. I give my sincerest thanks to Wattpad users ThePresence and dadslilgirl05 who have helped keep me pumped up. Honestly though those 1.2k views are no small accomplishment in my eyes. Anyway enjoy....

 Perseus's P.O.V

           Apollo, Artemis, and I entered the Throne Room on Olympus in wonder. Here's the thing, you couldn't really call the throne room a "room". It probbly could fit  millions of Delos cottages in it, maybe 800+ Harry Potter Great Halls. I suppose it also is forced to be large as at the moment is sports 6, 20 feet thrones carrying 17 feet Gods and Goddesses. And let me tell you having all 12 singular eyes intensely trained on me was a little unnerving. The seemingly permenant scowl on Hera's face did not seem to help.

         I looked over at my siblings. Apollo looked more dignified, virtuous, confident, and powerful than I have ever seen him. Not really comparing to much though... I could tell by the faces of some Olympians that they were impressed. Talk about good first impressions. I was proud of Apollo for sure. His thoughts and actions had definitely deserved the amazed looks on the passing Olympus residents faces. No doubt. 

          Artemis looks fierce, defensive, and intimidating as always. She stood in front of Apollo and I with a monotone face. Moonbeam is unquestionably smarter than us brothers with the comments sense to bow to the supposedly supreme being in front. Me and Apollo followed her lead. "RISE" My fathers voice boomed through the Hall. Artemis, knowing best spoke, "Greetings, father. My brothers Perseus, Apollo, and I have come to receive the thrones we believe we shall be given in today's meeting. And the titles we have long waited for." It's depressing how formal we must speak with our own family. To be fair though we do have a messed up family. 

            Zues straitened up as he said, "Well daughter, I believe that is true." "One thing I am condemned to inform you my children is the responsibility involved with the becoming of an Olympian. This is a great honor you have been given with a right. In this you must promise to follow the lines of ancient laws created before the gods birth. You must keep the titles you receive alive among civilization and mind the responsibility. After all with great power comes great responsibility. Ooh I like that quote! Athena right that down and give these excellent words to the mortals." He said to an intelligent and intimidating women slightly away.

             She had startling grey eyes and tumbling dark hair. I don't think she's one to mess with. I looked around the throne room, recognizing the other gods. Before Athena there was Demeter, looking same as I saw her before. Next to Zues was a man I felt instant invitation to. He oddly looked like me in sorts, with messy black hair and sea green eyes, I knew he was Poisedon. I automatically felt unexplained anger to the man on the left of Poseidon. Oh! That's Ares, no wonder. I think Zues was talking during this. Eh all boring stuff anyway. I am pretty sure I'm the only god with ADHD.  Which kinda sucks.

            Zues continued on, "Young Gods, do you swear to follow your given responsibility and use the power that comes along with control? Swear to respect other gods equal to you? Will you do all these things children?" He asked. 

            I don't think any of the gods here actually obey those terms. Anyway the three of us looked at each other and nodded as we all spoke together, "Yes. We do." The godly king nodded as he lifted his head up from our human height to the fellow Olympians." Well I suppose being this is a majority-ruled council I should ask you all. Do any of the council members of Olympia object to Perseus, Artemis, and Apollo joining us in the Olympian council?"  I could faintly see Hera timidly shake her hand as she slowly was about to rise it into the air. Yeah not gonna happen.  I mustered up one of the scariest glares I could manage which made her unhappily set her hand back in the thrones armrest as she muttered a few curses.

           "Very well then it's settled then. THE DAUGHTERS AND SONS OF LETO AND I, THE KING OF OLYMPUS, ARE WELCOMED TO BE OLYMPIONS IN FRONT THE FATES," Zues thundered.  Honestly he is quite a drama queen. I looked slightly to the side seeing three old ladies I think who were there the whole time. All three women looked ancient, with pale and dried, wrinkled faces. Their white frizzy hair was tied up in tie-died bandanas, their bony elbows sticking out of their cotton dresses and leather jacket. Interesting fashion choice. In the middle of them was a basket of yarn. Two knitting and one holding, all of them staring right at me. They seemed to be making the biggest pair of socks in the universe. Must be the Fates, no wonder the old and burning eyes and the ancient looks. 

             They stood up in a blink of an eye, which is surprising for their age. They barley gave a bid if recognition to the rest of the Olympians and turned to us staring into our soul. Even Zues looked weary of them as he announced "Ladies first, go up Artemis." Artemis confidently strode up, chin lifted up. All the ancient Fates held on to one string with an undefined color saying a chant in a weird language which I hadn't really payed any attention to. The string seemed to glow with power. As did Arty in front of me, surrounded in shiny silver. The glow subsided revealing Artemis, but not the same Artemis I knew five minutes ago. She looked more confident, her chin tilted up, her eyes more sharp, more powerful, more dutyful. Her cothes changed to a traditional chiton, but more suited for her.  

           Then the Fates' scratchy voices announced, "Artemis, daughter of Zues and Leto now tied to the Ancient Laws we pronounce you a patron of all young women, girls and maidens. The Goddess of chastity, and virginity. Sucessing from the diety, Selene as the Goddess of the Moon riding your chariot across the heavens at night. As well as the Goddess of the wild places and childbirth." 

            All the Gods and Goddesses in the current council looked at Artemis with praise and expectancy. Zues bellowed, "Well my girl welcome to the Olympion council. Like the rest of us with your godly power visualize your throne, which will define you for the rest of the world as it will appear in the council along with us rest." Moonbeam's throne was covered in silver with a comfortable wolf skin cushion with reflective surfaces and a tall silver moon. Simple but power-enveloping. My sister grew to the tall height of the other Gods. She sat in her throne a delightful look in hers eyes as she sat on her throne which rumbled from the ground appearing right at the end of the Goddesses side next to Athena. I think those two will get on swell. They will make a dangerous friend pair.

              I assume it will be Apollo next. Why do the youngests always have to go last for stuff. And I am only younger by like 1 minute. I looked over at the Fates who looked as monotone as ever. After Zues said something to Artemis he turned his attention to Apollo, "My son, you next." Zues had the guts to smile at him. I watched as Apollo hesitantly take another step forward, then another one. He bowed to Zues and the Fates, and stood up. The scraggly women took out another string. Similar of sorts to Moonbeam's but different completely at the same time. They continued with the routine of speaking their language older than Kronos himself. The string glowed gold, it's power submerging into my brother. He looks happier and delighted at his power. Jeese, I hope my nerves leave like theirs seemed to. 

          Not looking at Apollo's million dollar smile, the Fates stated his countless domains. "Welcome Apollo, the new Olympian tied to the Ancient Laws. God of music and arts, the power of prophecy and truth obtained with Delphi and the surrounding oracles. Of Poetry, plague and disease, and a sporter of archery. And a bunch of more things nobody's got time for. Also you have succeeded the powers if the sun and it's chariot from Titan Helios. Great responsibility rests on you, sun god." Apollo looked no different from his godly appearance obtained not only 5 minutes ago. He grew to the size of Artemis as his shiny, blinding throne with futuristic and ancient images. Zues showed a nod of recognition to him. 

         Next all eyes, the Olympians, my siblings, and the Fates eyes all strained to see me. I am the tiniest one of them all. This isn't nerve racking at all. Oh gods. Zues send me a weird look. Was it a glare? Well I returned that look to him. He shrinked back a bit, I still think I am not his most favorite person. He boomed, "Perseus, stand to the gods." 

Thanks for reading. I just have to ask.... what's your guys' favorite POV to read? Have a topgallent day. Maybe vote, comment, and suggest. And don't forget to hug your loved ones.  (Should I change my username. What are yallz opinions?)

-RuRu_bookreality out