The Big Bad Snake-Chapter 5

Hey peoples! It's really nice to see you you guys are enjoying the book! Hopefully! Just as always, characters and backgrounds are Rick Riordans, plot is mine. Suggestions, and comments welcomed. Tell me if the characters may be a little OOC. Sorry I have not been updating, but just to let you guys know, I don't ever planning on scraping this book without an intended ending. This chap will be a little more exiting than the last so enjoy....

            Last Major point in  The Youngest Son of Leto:

               "I better be on my way." Apollo announced as he flashed away to do any personal-fidelety.

————-

           Apollo POV:

                   I flashed away from my dear siblings to a secluded field surrounded by various natural structures. 

              I found myself alone I took a deep breath. A grim expression replaced the cheerful one. I steadied my self on a very conveniently placed rock. Then my intended actions settled on a realization. 

             I cursed. I will be fighting Python! Python!!! Horrendous, spine chilling, blood-lust full, super surpent! How can a giant serpent scare me a god, you may ask. How can it not, I answer. I can defeat him, I must, I will. Can I? I was slowly doubting myself even though my internal awesome bro said 'Hey! You can do anything man!' 

            I had hidden my thinking from Perseus and Artemis. Killing Python is my duty, a thank you to my mother to whom I owe a debt. She is my mother and if Python did anything to her than he must pay. It is something I know of and is to liberate. This is to what I do alone even though I am sure Artemis and Perseus would love to help me do any reptile rear kicking. Alas I don't need help. I bet at the moment you dear civilians are thinking, 'Oh Apollo! Why must you face the monstrous beast alone at all! You could be hurt and your beautiful face could be scratched! Gods, you are so so brave!' I know! I know dear mortal. But I must risk my beauty....

            When I was a younger lad in Delos, I started having treacherous dreams. There was my mother young, but seemingly in agonizing pain as her stomach was swelled showing the triplets inside. Behind her was a faint outline of a towering creature with no spine. Python. The dreams had the same ordeal but in different settings nearer and nearer to Delos. Python was torturing Leto chasing her till she could not go on. Sometimes he caught her, but she always managed to get free. 

            One night I woke of these dreams and confided with my mother. She told me in her plight to find a place to rest she stumbled to her mother, Phoebe's oracle shrine. A large demonous snake sat in the shrine. It chased her for days and days on end, making her expedition for sanctuary 100 times more horrid. 

            I know that sucked. Eventually, she got away from the monster on Delos. Us triplets vowed to do anything for our mother at all costs. My dear siblings have done far much as I must still do. So, thereforth came my exellent idea to battle and defeat Python for my mothers sake ofcoarse. Beside it will give me some pretty cool godly achievement brownie points. 

            I searched and searched for the beast as I was lead to a jagged, desolate cave. Inside I saw first the beast's eyes. They were enough of formidable to scar a grown deity. The reptilian monster had me at his mercy. I tensed as we evaluated each other, keeping my bow at moments ready.

             There was no time for any conversation as Pythons tail slizzled as it sprung at me. I quickly teleported ducking under his large spiked tail, this was much harder than I had thought it would be. I backed away readying my enchanted bow given by Heapheastus. I had not been able to make a clean shot as Python was very agile for his laugh size. No mean of offence ofcoarse. He was a very dangerous creature that shouldn't be roming around terrorizing the puny mortals. I managed to land some blows on him with a Celestial Bronze Sword I only use for absoulute need. Some of my magical arrows managed to slightly peirce the monsters skin. I was in peril. The monster managed to knock me into a stone wall in a large cavern we found ourselves in.